Wrecked My Raptor. What now???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Last update. State Farm came through for me pretty big. They are giving me $52,000 for the Total loss. After they pay my bank off, I'll have a check for just over $15,000. Oh, and I can keep my 3 undamaged wheels and 4 undamaged tires. They factored in the new motor replacement from Ford and it really helped quite a bit I think. I couldn't find a receipt for the paint to match fenders but I added it into the notes as an add on, and they added $900 to the estimate. I only paid $300 to have them done but they never asked me so I guess I'll just let that one roll like it is. Looking locally for a Raptor but I'm probably gonna go older. Don't really care as long as the miles are reasonable my budget is $35,000 but maybe a bit more for the right deal.

Do you budget $35k after a $15k down payment on a $50k'ish Raptor? I think you will be able to get yourself in to a another Raptor if that's your plan.

That's cool that State Farm stepped up and paid you a decent amount for the Raptor. Makes this crappy situation a little bit better to deal with...

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best day ever! Get that door and hood replaced... boatech fenders... and for the cost of the stock suspension componants you could probably damn near get and RPG BOLT kit!

OP
OP
TexasTexas95

TexasTexas95

Reaction score
The vehicle was a total loss so it's pretty well a gonner now. After payoff I'll have $15K leftover. I initially paid $49,500 for it two years ago. I'm budgeting $35,000 or a bit more on another used Raptor. As long as the miles are in line with the year model, and it's a 6.2L Screw, I'll be looking out for one in the $35k range. I'm not in a real rush so I can take my time till one pops up. I'd go out and get a newer one but I'm really not trying to start over on a $50K payment.

just Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saw a couple raptors at a local dealer this weekend. Overpriced, but they're looking at $42k for a 2012 white screw w/66k on it, and $48k for a blue 2012 screw with 22k on it.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
The 2012 with 22k on it seems like a fair price. There is a 2014 with 600 miles in OC they are trying to sell for $64,000!!!

Mick VT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2012 with 22k on it seems like a fair price. There is a 2014 with 600 miles in OC they are trying to sell for $64,000!!!

I bought a 31k December 2012 scab, blue interior, hood and bed graphics, lux package, nav and factory bedliner, pretty much spotless, Corsa exhaust and K&N inlet in Jan for about $42k. Not sure if that's good, but it was what I wanted and I couldn't get the dealer lower (knocked them down from about 45).