Would you take this offer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zemuron99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a local dealer today who had a '17 that was an exact match (color, options, no extras I didn't want such as the bed ramps or the carbon fiber pkg). As seems usual for here in WA state, price was MSRP + 10K. Almost everyone here is MSRP +5-10k. After some discussion, my honest disclosure that I've seen dealers offering MSRP but half-way across the country, review of my credit etc they came down do MSRP +4k, giving me an OTD price of $86,797 less any down payment I'd make. Tax is a bit over $8k, License about $850 to give some perspective on the number. Sticker is $71,565. I'm going to cross-post this in an existing thread, but for those that see this one, would you take the deal? There are some dealers here in WA that claim to sell at MSRP and still have '18 allocations open, and I'm in no hurry to do this, so I do have the luxury of waiting if need be. But the updates to the '18 over the '17 aren't that important to me (mostly seem related to the sound system). It's a frickin' gorgeous truck and I could have it in the garage this weekend...

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it. Based on the ADM in your area, I'd offer MSRP and tell them the truck isn't getting any younger and the 2019 order books open in 4 months...for 4k you can order an MSRP somewhere in the middle of the country and have plenty of beer money left over after expenses and have an 18 in the driveway.

A_Des

Reaction score
PM me. I have some in stock or coming in that I can sell at sticker and ship to you for cheaper than that. NO BS. No need to haggle. You get a 2018 at sticker.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That includes WA state sales tax, License, Doc fee (could probably zero that out). Aside from the doc fee no leeway on the others.

It is really your call. If you want one in your driveway this weekend and you are willing to pay the premium to do it, then get the truck and don't look back. If you are willing to wait and you aren't super upset about not getting exactly what you want, then contact the dealer that will sell it to you for MSRP and have it shipped. I personally would have a hard time spending the markup when I could buy a truck with more options that would have a higher resale value if I just waited a week or two for it to be shipped.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch that at 86k. MSRP is out there, especially in the midwest.

The troubling part is that it's a 2017. He's going to have a harder time selling that vehicle for even MSRP the longer he keeps it. The 2018s have been getting delivered for almost half a year now.

You have leverage with a 2017. Get it at MSRP or tell him you're more than happy to invest that extra money into a plane ticket and buy your truck elsewhere (and never come back to his dealership).

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I wouldn't touch that at 86k. MSRP is out there, especially in the midwest.

The troubling part is that it's a 2017. He's going to have a harder time selling that vehicle for even MSRP the longer he keeps it. The 2018s have been getting delivered for almost half a year now.

You have leverage with a 2017. Get it at MSRP or tell him you're more than happy to invest that extra money into a plane ticket and buy your truck elsewhere (and never come back to his dealership).

I’m going to disagree here.

You said it yourself, this is a 2017 truck and it’s now, last time I checked, 2018.

I would final offer at 2k under MSRP based on OP’s assessment of the local market. Else, an ’18 is a better option financially even though the trucks are mechanically 99.5% identical. ’18 gets a different stereo in 802a and the ’18’s have a slightly higher price.

Edit to add:
After having my chain yanked and being gamed like this, I’d bring my wife and we would game them. I’d stage a huge, loud argument in the show room, particularly if it’s got potential customers in it. Then I’d calm down and make the offer.
Said offer would be time contingent. The more time I spend there as the salesman and sales manager hem and haw, the lower my offer gets. We will begin at $2k under and every trip back and forth to the sales manager is -$100. Every 15 minutes over 1 hour is another $100 off.

scoff all you want, I got my ’97 SVT Mustang quite similar to this.

My Rap dealer was -nothing- like OP. I got my OTD price via sms text. Trade in value too. no games whatsoever.

Last edited: