Would you take this offer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went down to the dealer again on Friday. They were ready to talk. Floor mgr's office has the sales board right on the wall. I pointed out all the empty sales squares on it, and compared them to the Dec '17 and Jan '18 totals, and that on Friday we were already 1/3 of the way through the month. Told him I had two choices, buy a Raptor at my price, or head back up to Seattle to hit the RV show. It wouldn't be my choice, it would be his depending on whether he could meet my price or not. Despite some earlier comments, I don't think an offer 2-3K below MSRP would even fly out here...everything costs more on the Left Coast. Reg gas is $3.09-$3.25/gallon this weekend. We discussed the pro's and con's of buying his unit vs me going out of state. His unit was exactly the way I would have one built though, so it was definitely in his favor. The B&O stereo in the '18's is no biggie to me. Spent about two hours going back and forth before we agreed on a number that was comfortable for me and acceptable to him. I wanted a bit lower, I think he surely wanted a bit higher, but it worked for both of us. Brought a loaded (everything except the carbon fiber, subwoofer and ramps) Ruby Red beast home Friday night! To me, paying a bit more now was worth avoiding the hassle of dealing w/an out of state dealer, traveling there and back, and putting a bunch of miles on a new rig all at once. If you do better than this, than (seriously), great for you. For me, this was an acceptable deal on the exact truck I wanted, so great for me! Looking forward to lots of enjoyable driving.

Congrats, as long as you're happy and you don't feel like you got taken advantage of, enjoy the new ride. I'm jealous, sweet looking truck.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you’re satisfied with the deal, that’s all that really matters now isn’t it?

Red looks great with the bead lock capable wheels.

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to lots of enjoyable driving.

You didn't mention paying MSRP so my bad me if I am wrong here, but in the end you still paid an ADM on a prior year truck right? That's exactly why dealer's charge them and refuse to budge...because in the end you caved.

Anyway congrats on the new truck, if you thought you personally got a good deal that's all that matters. I totally understand not wanting to spend a day or two driving cross country if that isn't your thing.

Brutane

Reaction score
Very happy for you. That’s my favorite color combination. Wish it was available when I ordered. Enjoy.