Would you abandon ship?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looked like he had the wheels cramped to the left and his foot on the floor. Almost like it was staged and he wanted to do that. I might not do any better, but I'd at least try.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had a very similar situation happen to me in my first new truck. After a snow/sleet/freezing rain event I went to work, I got all the way to their unpaved parking lot and it was a complete sheet of ice. I crept in at about 2mph, and never did slow down until I bounced off another car. I was going so slow, neither my truck nor the other car was marked. Not even a scuff. I could not stop, change direction, reverse or impart any change in direction whatsoever. I’ll bet it took 15-20 seconds from the time I entered the parking lot to bouncing off the car - if you can call it that. Now, once I was actually stopped, I was able to reverse, park the truck, walk out all without issue.

OP
OP
FiveOsvt

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looked like he had the wheels cramped to the left and his foot on the floor. Almost like it was staged and he wanted to do that. I might not do any better, but I'd at least try.
That may be the case, but with the car going by in the back round, not a smart game to play, unless of course you and your Raptor cant take the thought of EV trucks and just want to end it all now.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may be the case, but with the car going by in the back round, not a smart game to play, unless of course you and your Raptor cant take the thought of EV trucks and just want to end it all now.
The alternative is that he's a dumbf*ck. I have to admit that's the most likely scenario...

Edit to add: Could be both!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I had a very similar situation happen to me in my first new truck. After a snow/sleet/freezing rain event I went to work, I got all the way to their unpaved parking lot and it was a complete sheet of ice. I crept in at about 2mph, and never did slow down until I bounced off another car. I was going so slow, neither my truck nor the other car was marked. Not even a scuff. I could not stop, change direction, reverse or impart any change in direction whatsoever. I’ll bet it took 15-20 seconds from the time I entered the parking lot to bouncing off the car - if you can call it that. Now, once I was actually stopped, I was able to reverse, park the truck, walk out all without issue.

I drove 10 hours in an ice storm to get home. Slid off in the bar ditch 200 feet from my driveway. Get out of the truck and fell on my a s s.

I don't see how the Northern guys deal with that for months on end.