Worst Mods EVER

Worst Mods EVER

• Color Matched Bumpers/Fenders

• Colorful or Oversized Rims

• Line-X coating (other than the bed)

• Stealth Wraps

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mods that don't make sense to me are the ones that actually decrease performance, e.g.:

Cheap lift kits, as mentioned above

Asymmetrical wheels (spoke count not evenly divisible by lug count)
yeah those bother me the most, aesthetics are very subjective, but making the truck objectively worse is just sad to see.

Sinacra

Reaction score
To each their own is right. Everyone has different tastes. But nobody gets flamed worse here than the people that put a cheap lift kit on their raptor. It should definitely be a choice to vote for. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that it is by far the worst mod due to it defeating the purpose of the raptor.
How does it defeat the purpose? Genuinely curious.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does it defeat the purpose? Genuinely curious.
Usually has a bolt on extension for the front shocks, you have to cut the frame to lower the front diff, larger lift block between axle and rear spring and drop brackets for lower control arms. Add some larger tires with probably wider wheels that stick out more and you've increased the stress on every mounting point on the frame multiple times. Off road it like a stock raptor is capable of and you'll most likely never hold an alignment, permanently twist the rear springs, grenade half shafts and bend or eventually break the frame mounting points where all the "lift kit" brackets mount. That's just a few of the problems off the top of my head.
If all you're gonna do is drive it gently around town, it might be ok.
Looks cool. Counter productive to high speed off roading, which is what the raptor was designed for.

Sinacra

Reaction score
Usually has a bolt on extension for the front shocks, you have to cut the frame to lower the front diff, larger lift block between axle and rear spring and drop brackets for lower control arms. Add some larger tires with probably wider wheels that stick out more and you've increased the stress on every mounting point on the frame multiple times. Off road it like a stock raptor is capable of and you'll most likely never hold an alignment, permanently twist the rear springs, grenade half shafts and bend or eventually break the frame mounting points where all the "lift kit" brackets mount. That's just a few of the problems off the top of my head.
If all you're gonna do is drive it gently around town, it might be ok.
Looks cool. Counter productive to high speed off roading, which is what the raptor was designed for.
Well… shoot.

I feel like every Raptor in my area is lifted. Now I’m not sure if I shouldn’t UNlift mine. I bought it lifted, but didn’t know there was so much at stake. Not that I have a time for off-roading right now. But I would at least like to have the option.

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hard to disagree with this one. The worst is when they put a badge that doesn't even go with that car make. Like a "Type R" badge on a VW. Just because they found it on Pepboys, they feel like they need to put it in their car.

To each their own I guess?

:signs16:
Like "Bronco Raptor"?
"Ranger Raptor"?
"Focus Raptor"?
"Raptor Superduddy"?
Does the "R" indicate "Real" Raptor?

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score