Wiring invisa cord to rear view mirror (need help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 6.2 the rear view mirror has a 7 pin connector.
I don't have the rear back up camera.
I read on MMD's thread before it was deleted on the failedZ forum about installing the invisa cord
to a 16 pin and 10 pin connector rear view mirror.
I thought my 6.2 would have a 10 pin connector since I don't have a rear back up camera on my rear view mirrow, so when I went to install the invisa cord I was suprised to see a 7 pin connector.
So now I don't know what to do, I think the pin 1 positon is the power wire it's blue with red stripe, but I don't know which one for sure is the ground wire, there is a solid black wire which I suspect could be the ground but I'm not sure so I didn't install the invisa cord for my radar detector I'm just running the power cord that came with it for now.
Does anybody know which is the ground wire on a 7 pin connector?
Or is there a wiring diagram somewhere for a 7 pin connector?

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if they moved the SYNC mic out of the rearview mirror? First I've heard of a 7 pin... hopefully FSM can help?

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pin Circuit Gauge Circuit Function Qualifier
1 CBP41 (BU-RD) 18 FUSE - 41 OR CIRCUIT BREAKER
2 CET47 (BU) 22 REVERSE LAMP RELAY COIL +
3 GD147 (BK-VT) 22 GROUND - PILLAR C LEFT
4 LRD12 (BU-OG) 22 CTRL MOD. - ELECTROCHROMIC MIRROR
5 RRD12 (BN-WH) 22 CTRL MOD. - ELECTROCHROMIC MIRROR
6 VMC31 (GY-BU) 22 COMPASS MOD. # +
7 VMC30 (BU-GY) 22 COMPASS MOD. # -

This should help GTS. Looks like pin 3 Black and Violet is your ground and pin 1 Blue and Red is your power circuit,

FSM

OP
OP
GTS RAPTOR

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks FSM that helps alot!:thumbsup:
And yes MarkT, on my 6.2 raptor the sync mic is on the head liner next to the overhead console, I'll snap a picture of it tomorrow and post it up here.

frogslinger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks FSM that helps alot!:thumbsup:
And yes MarkT, on my 6.2 raptor the sync mic is on the head liner next to the overhead console, I'll snap a picture of it tomorrow and post it up here.

I saw on here somewhere that there was a bulletin out for retrofitting a headliner mic... is that accurate or am I misrecalling?

FSM06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw on here somewhere that there was a bulletin out for retrofitting a headliner mic... is that accurate or am I misrecalling?

Frog, that was for an additional mic other than the one that is integral to the rearview mirror. The option on the truck above is a simple electrochromatic mirror with no back-up camera function. That mirror option does not have a sync mic in it. That is why it is only a 7-pin connector. Clear as mud??

FSM

OP
OP
GTS RAPTOR

GTS RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again FSM, I got the invisa cord hooked up and it works great!

And here's a pic of the sync mic location in the headliner.

Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks again FSM, I got the invisa cord hooked up and it works great!

And here's a pic of the sync mic location in the headliner.

GTS,

Did you know that you can hover your pointer over a picture when you are composing it, and you will see a little pencil in the top left corner of your pic?

Note: You have to be in 'Go Advanced' to do this.

View attachment 196

Click on it and it will bring up this popup:

View attachment 197

There you can set the size of the enbedded pic, add notes to it, etc.

Just in case you didn't know.

Falcon