Wireless Phone Charging Pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Yes, it's a nice feature and will help mitigate battery drain while traveling, but the biggest issue I found is that whipping around turns (which I love to do now without the leaf springs!) really slings it off of the charger. I might add some weather stripping I have left over from sealing my tailgate gap to act as a bumper to keep it in the most effective position.
Weather stripping work?

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
I assume there is a MagSafe hack/plugin device that probably solves this problem. I’ve not researched it, but maybe someone will provide a link.

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score

figure1a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, the camera bump on all recent iPhones (from like 10 and on) creates a gap between the phone and the Ford charging mat which 1) makes the charge power super weak and 2) makes the phone super hot. That's why I switched to MagSafe.

billy8

Reaction score
FYI, I took my truck in for a few warranty issues and this was one of them. They did a software update and ever since then the wireless charging has worked perfect!