How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Putting a larger fuse where it does not belong results in the possibility of drawing to much current through the small gauge wire. Now the fuse will be the wire and as it gets hot it could cause a fire. Its not critical to me in your truck, but you may feel different. Stick to the fuses it says to use and you don't have to worry about it then... But like I said its your truck do what makes sense to you...

I haven't dug into the up-fitter switch wiring yet, but soon! So Ford used different gauge wire for each switch to match the fuse amperage? Sounds like a lot of extra work from the manufacture...

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I haven't dug into the up-fitter switch wiring yet, but soon! So Ford used different gauge wire for each switch to match the fuse amperage? Sounds like a lot of extra work from the manufacture...

They use larger gauge for AUX 1&2 and a slightly smaller gauge for AUX 3&4. But AUX 3 and AUX 4 are the same gauge.