How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a Dumb question. Why or What is limiting Aux 3 to 15a and Aux 4 10a? Is the actual switch limited? Is the Gauge of the wire restricting the amps? Why couldn't I make Aux 3,4 30a switches as well? Just curious. And if it can be done, what would need to be done?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crap, i missed some of the questions here sorry.

the best connection under the hood is solder and heat shrink. it is weather proof. if you are making connections inside the vehicle you can use SEAMLESS butt connectors. the seamed ones suck and do not work well. they also have butt connectors with heat shrink/glue on the ends. mostly used in marine and motorcycle applications. those work very well too. whatever you do, the most important thing is to make sure the connecrion under the hood is watertight.

OP
OP
BIRDMAN

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I have a Dumb question. Why or What is limiting Aux 3 to 15a and Aux 4 10a? Is the actual switch limited? Is the Gauge of the wire restricting the amps? Why couldn't I make Aux 3,4 30a switches as well? Just curious. And if it can be done, what would need to be done?

All of the AUX switches themselves, their relays, and corresponding pass-through wires under the hood are exactly the same. The wiring behind the dash and of course fuse size/type are what limit AUX 3+4. You could switch out the fuses but the wiring is still the issue. I believe AUX 1+2 have 14ga wire behind the dash, AUX 3-16ga and AUX 4-18ga....or something along those lines.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
All of the AUX switches themselves, their relays, and corresponding pass-through wires under the hood are exactly the same. The wiring behind the dash and of course fuse size/type are what limit AUX 3+4. You could switch out the fuses but the wiring is still the issue. I believe AUX 1+2 have 14ga wire behind the dash, AUX 3-16ga and AUX 4-18ga....or something along those lines.

Bingo