How To Wire Raptor AUX upfitter switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your right i should have waited longer but i have a trip planned for this weekend so i really want this to work. I cut the relay off . Its just a male connector for my led bar and a female connector on what used to be a harness with a relay but i cut it just before it would have reached it so all I'm left with is two wires ( one attached to my pass through wires and one to the fender factory gound

The best thing to do is undo all the wiring, check the light bar directly to battery for function, like @The Macf stated, then go over the up fitter switches ( use a test light) make sure there functioning correctly, you probably will find the error while starting over.

Last edited:

Nignipz

Reaction score
The best thing to do is undo all the wiring, check the light bar directly to battery for function, like @The Macf stated, then go over the up fitter switches ( use a test light) make sure there functioning correctly, you probably will find the error while starting over.

alright ill let you know how it goes... but I already know the light bar works. It turns on when i turn my car/ turn the key. the problem is that the axillary switch won't turn the bar off. it will stay 100% on while the axillary switches are in the on or off position

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does the switch work with nothing connected? make sure of the oem functions first. i have heard of the aux switches not working properly

Nignipz

Reaction score
does the switch work with nothing connected? make sure of the oem functions first. i have heard of the aux switches not working properly

Not sure what you mean? When I disconnect the light bar from the up fitters , no the light is off , but the auxillary switch itself has that little orange light on the top and it as always on , just on auxiliary 1 (the only wires that I have connected under the glove compartment ) switches 2-4 are all not wired up

J DAMAGE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to see if auxiliary switch two works tonight when I get home from school

The Aux switches are live once you turn the ignition on, so if the key is in the on the switches should only light if flipped up to the on position, if your switch/switches light soon as key is on, you have a problem like @The Car Stereo Company said.

Double check every thing, disconnect the pass through wires, use a test light, and check each switch wire for correct operation, then go from there.

Last edited:

Nignipz

Reaction score
The Aux switches are live once you turn the ignition on, so if the key is in the on the switches should only light if flipped up to the on position, if your switch/switches light soon as key is on, you have a problem like @The Car Stereo Company said.

Double check every thing, disconnect the pass through wires, use a test light, and check each switch wire for correct operation, then go from there.

Turns out it was a bad auxiliary switch ! I connected switch two up and no problem ! Bar works perfectly