Winter/Snow Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With snow coming real soon where I live, I was wondering what model or tire raptor owners recommend
in regards to a studded snow tire made by Nokkia. I currently have a 2019 raptor that I purchased last December and I went thru last winter with the stock BF Goodrich KO2'S and I will not go thru this winter with them again, especially with my area being forecasted to get hammered with heavy snow.

So I was wondering which Nokkia studded snow tire people are using ?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With snow coming real soon where I live, I was wondering what model or tire raptor owners recommend
in regards to a studded snow tire made by Nokkia. I currently have a 2019 raptor that I purchased last December and I went thru last winter with the stock BF Goodrich KO2'S and I will not go thru this winter with them again, especially with my area being forecasted to get hammered with heavy snow.

So I was wondering which Nokkia studded snow tire people are using ?

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...ved=0ahUKEwjzt7jz-7LlAhVGc98KHU5XAFoQ7xYIJigA

Only snow you’ll find in raptor size. I ordered from simpletire.com thought I got a good deal except for the fact I ordered STUDDED snows that literally stated so on their website & invoice but what I received weren’t studded & when I called they were like “we don’t sell studded tires due to environment” or some BS just an FYI

It’s not a huge deal as I was kinda on the fence since i have a concrete driveway & felt the studs on previous vehicles were no good for it- I can always add them if I wanted, but still felt like I was deceived

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what your gripes were with the KO2 in snow, as this has been a concern of mine and I have no experience with them. I’ve always run mud terrains through the winter, most recently the Cooper STT pros. I’ve been considering switching them out, but everyone seems to swear that KO2s are great in the snow.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what your gripes were with the KO2 in snow, as this has been a concern of mine and I have no experience with them. I’ve always run mud terrains through the winter, most recently the Cooper STT pros. I’ve been considering switching them out, but everyone seems to swear that KO2s are great in the snow.

How much snow do you get where you live?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran the KO2 last year and the Duratrac the 4 winters before that and here is what I think.

The KO2 was good in light and deep snow, the Duratrac studdable is better in ice conditions. No studs here in MI. they are illegal. I have run studded tires before and they have a real advantage on ice.

I have run both tires at the Snoball run and liked them equally but the KO2 gives up a little on the ice unless you have studs then they would suck in that comparison.

Nokkia makes a great snow tire and I believe only one version in the 315/70/17 size I would love to try them but my KO2 deadlock set up only has 2,000 miles to one more time at Snoball.

Joe12345

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much snow do you get where you live?

Not a whole lot on average, but in situations like we had in the northeast on November 15th last year, where eastern PA and NJ got 7 to 15 inches, I still have to get to work. While it normally takes me an hour, I spent 9 hours getting to the airport to fly a trip (we always fly when we’re scheduled, snowing or not) and that journey included some occasional “off roading” through the grassy areas of on and off ramps to get around stuck vehicles. My concern is how the KO2 will perform when I’m slightly out of bounds.