Windshield wiper (recall)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Issued recall on 1/15/2023. Today I Just got my letter yesterday. Recall number #22S71. I wonder if this is the spontaneous wiper going on at startup every once in a while.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good timing, dropping mine off tomorrow at the dealership. They are replacing the module for the rain sensing wipers…ironic. And to clarify, this was after they tested and replaced the sensor for it - said it was ‘gummed up’. Here we are, two months later.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only has 1k miles on it so far but twice it has refused to turn on wipers. Even with the stalk, you couldn't get them on (they are on rain sensing mode). Both times I had to pull over and power cycle.

WestlakeHorn

Reaction score
My recall notice popped up in FordPass on Friday while I was (ironically) picking up an F150 Platinum that had been stuck on dealer hold due to the same issue.

I’ve not experienced any problems with my wipers so far (about 3,000 miles).

OP
OP
RamseyF

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea mine hasn't showed up in the ford pass yet. just the letter. I haven't had any issues except the occasional turn on right as I start the vehicle ... moisture sensed or something

ganooch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rain sensing has never worked. The wiper just go at a slow interval on the first click of the stalk, whether it is raining or not.

Mossy 150

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rain sensing setting is just the same as interval setting, never worked. First oil change I will have them look into it

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rain sensing setting is just the same as interval setting, never worked. First oil change I will have them look into it
the dealer likely will not be able to solve this for you (at least they couldn't for me). They told me it worked but was delayed in function... even funnier the residue left on the windshield from the liquied they used to test the sensor was left on the windshield and had clearly dried without being wiped away.

I fixed it by going into the sync menu and ensuring that that each driver profile (including guest) had the auto sensing wipers marked as on. my guest profile did not and as soon as i selected it the problem was fixed. also note i do not use the profile functionality, but that was the trick for me. GL