Will Ford drop the v8 in the Gen 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree Jaz. Also I should have put in my last post that I would only want the V8 if it was more powerful. I’m not going to mod, so I don’t care about the headroom there

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking that the only guys thinking there will be a V8 option coming, is the guys who can't afford the current truck so they're looking for excuses to put off their purchase.

My garage laughs at that comment.

I'd have to get rid of mine for a V8 option. That being said, I'm worried about the bottom falling out of our value in trade in if that happens.

Ask the 2010 5.4 Gen 1 Raptor owners what happened when Ford came out with the 6.2 in 2011.

I agree Jaz. Also I should have put in my last post that I would only want the V8 if it was more powerful. I’m not going to mod, so I don’t care about the headroom there

Yes it's going to have more power and torque. The difference between the 5.4 and 6.2 was 90HP, so it will be at least that IMO.

Time will tell, I could be wrong. I'm betting there will be a V8 Raptor.

atomictyler

Reaction score
It would have to be at least 90hp increase and the same price to make sense for people in high elevation areas. N/A is a real dog up in the thin air, which is much less of a problem with FI.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about.

First, the 3.5 EcoBoost is the best selling engine in the F-150 lineup and already beats the available V8. No matter what the V8-or-die crowd claims, there is strong demand for a powerful, fuel efficient engine and many buyers would still choose the V6TT over a new V8. Just like they do on the rest of the F-150 lineup.

Second, the new V8 will either be more expensive than the V6TT, or it will cost the same and be less powerful. If the V8 is less powerful, the V6TT will still be the engine of choice. If the V8 is more expensive, the price differential keeps the V6TT from depreciating.

I have the gen 1 (2014) but def not a V8 or die guy I could care less as long as its priced correct and gets better.
as far as the Eco boost being number one that's f150s we are talking raptors and the V8 didn't last a day on the lot even at 10K over sticker you see 5 at every dealership with the V6. I think its more price then motor at least for me it was. I wasn't gonna pay 80K for truck I will build one first.

I think by 2020 I will end up paying no matter what as my truck will be 6 years old. I never keep a car/truck (other than my classics) more than 2 years. this raptor is by far the longest ive had a car/truck adding the whipple made it new to me feeling again but I just don't see it lasting past 2020

if we took a real no BS vote id bet most don't think the V6 is worth the price or maybe some cant afford it but id bet its price more then motor. most just wont be honest. I can afford it but I wont my truck is still just as good or better right now.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see a v8 in the next raptor. It doesn't have to be a huge NA v8 either. I've always been a fan of forced induction. Small v8 with turbo's will have tons of power, torque, and be more fuel efficient than it's oversized na counterpart.

i know it's a completely different beast..........but mercedes has a few 4.0L twin turbo v8's in the amg lineup that I wouldn't mind having in a raptor. I know it goes against the "weight reduction" aspect of everything. But 603 hp and a whopping 627 lb/ft torque @2500 with a really aggressive exhaust note would be amazing.

atomictyler

Reaction score
I'd like to see a v8 in the next raptor. It doesn't have to be a huge NA v8 either. I've always been a fan of forced induction. Small v8 with turbo's will have tons of power, torque, and be more fuel efficient than it's oversized na counterpart.

i know it's a completely different beast..........but mercedes has a few 4.0L twin turbo v8's in the amg lineup that I wouldn't mind having in a raptor. I know it goes against the "weight reduction" aspect of everything. But 603 hp and a whopping 627 lb/ft torque @2500 with a really aggressive exhaust note would be amazing.

Same with the 4.0TT in Audis. FI V8 would be amazing, but would be a whole new redesign for ford.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I've said before, the only reason Ford still offers a V8 in the F150 is because of old codgers who think a truck isn't a truck without one. As they die off so will the V-8.
If anything besides some new exterior colors and possibly graphics they might give the EB a slight boost in power.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i would much rather have an NA 5.0 and just add power when its actually needed.

you guys will run out of suspension much much faster than you will run out of power offroad.