Will 37 km2's fit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
9 times outa ten they will exchange them if they have not been mounted or used you just pay the difference... a lot of guys used a hammer to trim the wheel wells but i used an angle grinder with a 6' disc and it took me literally likw 10 minutes a side to get them trimmed down flush with the wheel wells and of course a sharp knife or box cutter to trick the plastic liner back ill try and get some pics up of what it looks like and also what the fender flares look like with the tiny bit of rubbing it does at full compression. heres what a real truck looks like on 37's :signs6:

Your truck looks awesome!

There's one thing that it seems everyone is missing in this thread is that the OP asked if 37x12.5 km2's would fit. All 37's aren't equal. In fact some 37's with the same size aren't even close. Especially when it comes to Toyo MT's. If you look at the spec sheet the Toyo Mt's are a true 37" tire but they are 14.6"s wide! That's a huge difference from 36.8x12.5 inch Km2.

I could be wrong as I this is just guess work. But, mid perch lifts the truck 1.5"s and a bfg will ad an inch to the height of the tire that could contact the truck. It would seem that it could clear especially if the pinch welds are taken care of. And since the width of the tire is equal to stock you might be ok.

Does and body have/know anyone with experience running a small 37?

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your truck looks awesome!

There's one thing that it seems everyone is missing in this thread is that the OP asked if 37x12.5 km2's would fit. All 37's aren't equal. In fact some 37's with the same size aren't even close. Especially when it comes to Toyo MT's. If you look at the spec sheet the Toyo Mt's are a true 37" tire but they are 14.6"s wide! That's a huge difference from 36.8x12.5 inch Km2.

I could be wrong as I this is just guess work. But, mid perch lifts the truck 1.5"s and a bfg will ad an inch to the height of the tire that could contact the truck. It would seem that it could clear especially if the pinch welds are taken care of. And since the width of the tire is equal to stock you might be ok.

Does and body have/know anyone with experience running a small 37?

this is true.. it not being a true 37 might make a little difference but if you look at the strock BFG's as you go through full turn from stop to stop (full left to right) you have maybe an inch or more there so even going to a 36 would be super close on full turn. it would never hurt to try or maybe measure it up. im almost certain someone on here is running the km2's not sure if they were 35 or 37's.

oh and the 37 toyos are 13.5 wide not 14.6 :ehcapt:

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is true.. it not being a true 37 might make a little difference but if you look at the strock BFG's as you go through full turn from stop to stop (full left to right) you have maybe an inch or more there so even going to a 36 would be super close on full turn. it would never hurt to try or maybe measure it up. im almost certain someone on here is running the km2's not sure if they were 35 or 37's.

oh and the 37 toyos are 13.5 wide not 14.6 :ehcapt:

Ya, I'm going to see if i can fit my **** Cepek 37's from my 05 F150. They run small. Hmm, to many choices.

And the Toyo's say 13.5 but if you check the spec sheet they are 14.6 in overall width. That's why if I go 35 I'll get the Toyo's as they are 13.2. The funny thing is the 35x12.5-17 are closer to a 13.5 then a 37x13.5-17
OPEN COUNTRY M/T | Toyo Tires
Check out the specification tab.

Last edited:

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
holy shit i knew the 37's were heavy but good god 93 ******* pounds thats ridiculous haha i might think about going to the 35 toyos next shit haha. let me know how those **** cepeks work out as a smaller 37 im really curious to know how they work. are you on top perch or mid perch? im almost certain your still gonna have to do some trimming.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
holy shit i knew the 37's were heavy but good god 93 ******* pounds thats ridiculous haha i might think about going to the 35 toyos next shit haha. let me know how those **** cepeks work out as a smaller 37 im really curious to know how they work. are you on top perch or mid perch? im almost certain your still gonna have to do some trimming.

Mount them on method (27lbs) and you have 120lb per corner of unsprung weight verses duratrac and methods (60+27) 87lbs.... 33lbs a corner difference... No thank you..

-Greg

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, they are pretty heavy. But that's why they last so long. I'm on mid perch. I don't have a problem trimming but I'm more concerned about bottoming out and hitting the fenders.
Mount them on method (27lbs) and you have 120lb per corner of unsprung weight verses duratrac and methods (60+27) 87lbs.... 33lbs a corner difference... No thank you..

-Greg
Ya, I think Toyo's MT's are the heaviest tire around. They look awesome and area great tire though aside form the weight.