Wiggle? or shake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Macdaddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This can’t be related to mileage, my ‘20 has done this from the first mile I put on it. There is a specific spot on the hwy I use lot and every time the rear end jumps gets wompy for a sec or so but smooths right out. Front end steady as a rock but rear end acts like it’s out of control , but only for a sec or so. Just get used to it and don’t start replacing or rebuilding anything. It’s just design of this trucks suspension I’m sure.

Steve-PNW

Reaction score
tire pressure - I had the same and found that the stealer inflated to 50psi!!! Dropped to 32 and problem solved.

pavendort

Reaction score
Deaver +3 with rebuilds and its 90% better for me. Then tire pressure adjustment is what got it really under control. Every once in a while now it gets a little shimmy at highway speed around a corner with a dip from a drainage grate or terrible road repairs. But not sketchy like it was when I bought the truck.

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This can’t be related to mileage, my ‘20 has done this from the first mile I put on it. There is a specific spot on the hwy I use lot and every time the rear end jumps gets wompy for a sec or so but smooths right out. Front end steady as a rock but rear end acts like it’s out of control , but only for a sec or so. Just get used to it and don’t start replacing or rebuilding anything. It’s just design of this trucks suspension I’m sure.
100% agree here. It's a truck. Body on frame, live axle rear... truck. Especially unloaded, they are gonna dance around.

There's a spot on US31 by me where they have replaced chunks of concrete in regular increments (cutting out whole sections about 4' long all the way across the lane and replacing it with new concrete). The ding-dongs didn't use the correct mix of crete or correct prep and now all those "new" sections have heaved. It will knock the teeth right out of your head. The see-sawing has the truck bucking and bouncing like crazy. The only vehicle I've been in that soaks it up is an S-Class Benz. Everyone else is beaten to death.