Wiggle? or shake?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
VelociBraptorr
Reaction score
I have not noticed this with my current truck, a few years ago I had a F-150 Lariat. It did this every time a hit a bump at speed like described above. Ended up selling the truck for a Raptor. I also noticed this on occasion with my used Gen 2 I had, crappy leaf springs and over inflated tires didn't help. Something I noticed depending on the load range of tires is a few PSI one way or the other will make the ride much smoother. Especially Load Range E 37's, they can be very stiff.
do you recall what PSI you were running cold/hot?

from what I've read im sitting about 38front/rear cold. 40-41-42 hot.

I might try lowering them just a few to see how it runs and report back to yall. Still on 35's Wildpeaks

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you recall what PSI you were running cold/hot?

from what I've read im sitting about 38front/rear cold. 40-41-42 hot.

I might try lowering them just a few to see how it runs and report back to yall. Still on 35's Wildpeaks
I run those pressures. The consensus around here seems to be less in the rear is better. Easy enough to try.

NickW

Reaction score
this is my fear, as in what if its NOT the shocks - im still planning on upgrading but im hoping to the least amount of trial and error as possible. let me know if this fixes your problem lol . Did you rebuild the shocks or direct replacement ?

I had some similar thoughts, but shock rebuild is recommended at 50k and I was at 60k, so I went ahead and replaced them with new from Rockauto (they had the best prices I could find). I think I paid around $1400, then sold my used shocks for $600. A little disappointed that I noticed almost ZERO difference in ride characteristics. I'll let you know once I replace my leaf springs what the result is. I considered doing the RPG track bars, but decided to do a bump stop kit since the new leaf springs will eliminate the factory bumps. Plus the factory bumps suck. Track bars are probably in my future though.

I'm also running 35psi cold in all four tires and it's still happening.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
34F/32R is a good forum consensus on tire pressures.

Definitely need a shock rebuild and rear leaf replacement. I would start here and go to trac bars or torque arm after.

What is your primary use/goal on the truck? You don't necessarily need 3.0/3.5s if mostly street and lite offroad. Could probably get by with some live valves with SDI controller. I don't remember what year your truck is.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nex said it best -- drop your tire pressures to under 35, especially with E rated tires. Then, get Deavers and rebuild your shocks. No need to upgrade if you don't plan to offroad a lot

Mylife98

Reaction score
Same issue.

Tire pressures helped: I run 36psi front, 32psi rear. That’s hot pressure after at least 30mins cruising at 80mph on tarmac. On Duratracs.

Also on roads I know are potholely or undulating, the sport mode takes a lot of the bounce response out.

2019 with 60k, all factory standard.

BWorkman

Reaction score
I did the deaver +3 springs on mine and had the shocks rebuilt and it definitely takes out about 80% of the unwanted axle movement. But to get 100% of it out, you need to add the trac bars (and SVC would be best because they are fixed point bars without a swing link on them). I’ve talked with a few shops that have done them and they said this will take care of all the play. You could also just do the trac bars without the deaver springs, but the truck definitely feels better with the deavers on it, and you can put more in the bed without it sagging down. Just my two cents…

17RaptorRyan

Reaction score
Afternoon Yall,

Trying to figure out if this is normal, or if im in need of replacing something-

Cruising speed on the freeway & rolling over a small pothole or rather a "filled" in pothole, or just like an uneven sunken surface the truck shuffles/wobbles. Its definitely a surprising feeling that almost makes you feel as though you're losing control or that your going to swerve into the other lane (as we know how wide our trucks are) its not that hard to cross a line on the highway.

Any ideas? or is this normal.

Thanks yall!

I got a 2019 if that helps any. 50k on the odo
So this may be too simple... But after I got my level, I was getting a pattern shimmy in my steering wheel when I slightly turned off center... It did it with my old tires and new tires that I had just out on... Long story short it ended up being the lane keep system... After turning it to the lowest setting, the vibration/wiggle went away... I have a 2017 with 55k miles