Why I love plastidip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It is great stuff.. It was able to fill in the deeper scratches and blended perfectly.. How I did it was cleaned everything very well... Unlike original coat, this time I started with a HEAVY coat at first to build up scratches and imperfections. Then allow it to dry to slight tacky (when it looses the shininess/wet look) then hit it several more times with lighter and lighter coats to blend everything together...

I am totally impressed with the versatility of plastidip..

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The impact marks on your skit plate show that all aftermarket ones are to narrow!
We need protection for the fwd connection point of the lower control arms!

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Skid came out really nice man!

I found my left over can of Plasti-dip today, you inspired me to do a project, but I have no idea what one I'm going to do. Maybe my hood vents.

Evilmonkey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. I just might have to try that one also. My problem is I keep smashing the stock skid plate in.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been using it more and more. my bed/chase rack has seen more coats than anything. Wicked front bumper coming soon to prep it for the spring/summer/fall mountain runs.

I buy it by the case at this point.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Interesting/funny/******* story actually...

I brought two cans with me to TRR just in case I ran into more cosmetic problems than expected...

All was good on that end, but between the drive from Denver down to TRR and back to Denver (altitude/pressure chages) both of the cans burst and covered pretty much everything in my recovery box.

Transporting across altitude changes not recommended.

:Grenade: