Why does my truck shift in third?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score
let transmission temperature rise quietly with lighter foot as possible and then, everything is perfect...
My transmission has no tune and it work perfectly , may bcs my raptor is a 20's, best year production ever :emotions33:
It shift harder in sport mode, which is I guess absolutly normal, I ask for "sport", I have it !

awd5906

Reaction score
Just as others have said, that’s your transmission at work. Google ‘torque converter lockup’ and you’ll get a ton of info regarding this and how torque converter auto transmissions function.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Gotta flex on newbs somehow cause I ain't leaving the bucks parking lot.
200.gif
let transmission temperature rise quietly with lighter foot as possible and then, everything is perfect...
My transmission has no tune and it work perfectly , may bcs my raptor is a 20's, best year production ever :emotions33:
It shift harder in sport mode, which is I guess absolutly normal, I ask for "sport", I have it !

@julien194b with the post whôring now :)
(we knew early he’d fit right in)

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I offered a fix but ok. And who cares about post count? You still in the 3rd grade?

No mention of tune in your original post. That is useful information when asking for help. I felt a clunky shift before Goose but not after. Have you had the dealership check your fluid level? Any other power mods?

I use the search function a lot. Maybe I am just as broken as it is so it works for me?

:shrug:
I generally find using google is the way to go with adding the forum name to the search.