Tracked the Raptor at VIR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first 2 track days were at NJMP, both tracks. Bought my Stilo helmet at the track store there. Now it collects dust. :(

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahahaha yeah for sure... My big crashes are at NJMP and Road Atlanta. Mid Ohio is amazing just can't even think of a morning session ANY moisture and its like a skating rink out there. Its like old Summit Point. I do love Mid Ohio Though.
Mid O is my favorite track. You should try Pitt Race now they have the entire circuit finished. Fun track and challenging... maybe not as much as Mid O, but at least you can run nearly 9/10 in the rain. Mid O is like ice in the rain for sure... wish they would fix the sealant like they did at Watkins Glen.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mid O is my favorite track. You should try Pitt Race now they have the entire circuit finished. Fun track and challenging... maybe not as much as Mid O, but at least you can run nearly 9/10 in the rain. Mid O is like ice in the rain for sure... wish they would fix the sealant like they did at Watkins Glen.
The Glen. Now you’re talkin. My favorite track.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Stop crashing my guy.
2. Photo of said air fence?
3. I think Mid-Ohio might be the next area of interest. Then ROAD Atlanta.
Happens with sport bike racing. No pic of the air fence, but they are designed to absorb a lot of energy and can get re-used

Track days are fun, but they're far from racing. Try rubbing bikes with someone when your knee is on the deck :). People are out for blood during races, especially if there's contingency money on the line. I made it out lucky with only 1 broken hand

Can't tell you how many helicopters I watched land.

Mid O is beautiful, but Daytona had to have been the ultimate adrenaline rush. I raced in Europe too, never again. Make a mistake and you're hitting stone fences

sammy134

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mind you this was maxed out for what this thing was designed for so I’m not mad about it but if you are dumb enough to track your truck remember your brakes aren’t bullet proof.

So the weird thing was that after that feeling in the brakes changed. When I got to the front straight the trucks traction control light was blinking non stop down the front straight under full acceleration. This seemed weird since it obviously wasn’t breaking traction at 85-90 mph.
Theres a guy that brought his TRX over to the nurburgring and tried to go all out.

The TRX lasted 2 or 3 turns before his brakes were done and had to "limp" to the finish line lol.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well done and Much braver than me. The truck is for luggin/pulling/off-roading. The car is for banging on the track. I know the pain that I put my car through that is “designed” for track let alone a truck :oops:

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm a motorcycle guy, Some tracks they wont let us on. The Glen being one. way back when they let us on Monticello for like a month then shut that **** down. My favorites that I have been on are Laguna, Barber, Road America VIR. Favorites that I have been too for work Watkins, Barber, COTA. and of course Indy (500) ;). I have been wanting to get out to Pitt Race but hasn't worked out for me yet. I need to get me a Spec Miata and start hitting the track with 4 wheels.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can’t claim to have driven Indy track, but I did kiss the bricks. Toured the track. Awesome place.