Tracked the Raptor at VIR

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mxsledder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! This is the type of driving that much better suits the 35’s vs the 37 package trucks.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Having previously mentioned I tracked my 911 thirteen times (yes, I recall each one) at a number of different tracks, I'm getting chills thinking about taking a truck on track. I'm damn proud of you. I'm also surprised they allowed it.

Before 2017 I was never a truck guy though always loved looking at the Raptor. When I bought my first Raptor Gen2, I was very surprised at how well it handled, how little lean it had for a big truck.

And as anyone who has tracked knows, it's much more about talent than the vehicle. I had very little talent on track and got passed by lesser vehicles. Maybe if I was in my Raptor I could have just cut them off and sent them into the grass. lol.

I did take my Gen2 on the Tail of the Dragon but some turns are quite sharp. Fun anyway.

Awesome job, buddy.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is exciting lol. I dreamed of this once.

VIR is dope and so is Summit. I have had my m3s on there a few times. Makes me wanna book something...

Did you use TRACKDAZE?
I have crashed motorcycles on every turn at Summit Main. Went down in turn 3 at 120mph and bounced off an air fence. I hate turns 6-8, but love turn 10.

My fav is probably Mid-Ohio. The surface is like glass and the elevation changes are awesome.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. Stop crashing my guy.
2. Photo of said air fence?
3. I think Mid-Ohio might be the next area of interest. Then ROAD Atlanta.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have crashed motorcycles on every turn at Summit Main. Went down in turn 3 at 120mph and bounced off an air fence. I hate turns 6-8, but love turn 10.

My fav is probably Mid-Ohio. The surface is like glass and the elevation changes are awesome.
@EL Snagadore
Yo, does the above sound familiar!

HOLESHOT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Joe,
Did you go to VIR with the Track Daze group?
VIR allowed you to take the Raptor on to the track!!! Amazing.
I guess you planned this ahead of time and had a tech inspection form filled out for the Raptor?
I will ask to do the same with my Raptor when VIR opens up again in the spring.

EL Snagadore

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@EL Snagadore
Yo, does the above sound familiar!
hahahaha yeah for sure... My big crashes are at NJMP and Road Atlanta. Mid Ohio is amazing just can't even think of a morning session ANY moisture and its like a skating rink out there. Its like old Summit Point. I do love Mid Ohio Though.