Who's letting investments pay for their truck??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What idiot keeps their money in any particular investment that goes down 30-40%? It doesn't happen overnight in the S&P500. If you don't have a stop loss set for way before that, then.........a fool and his money.

And your right, 100% watching 85k turn into 50k would suck. Hey it could happen. You may be the unlucky schmuck that invests his money right before some historical correction. Though doubtful. No the odds are that will not happen, the sky will not fall. And EVEN IF that did happen the market during the term of that 6 year or so loan would not only come back but be way up.

It's like saying that 1 in 500 people in the usa have died of covid. well if you believe the numbers they are putting out, then they would be right. gosh that sounds like a lot!

However. despite being the truth 80% of those deaths are in those 65 and up. Which makes a big difference for the vast amount of society. A little off topic, but the same as
not wanting to invest in the S&P500 because of fear of a correction, despite the outstanding performance history it has.

It's like not wanting to drive for fear of an accident.

Investing is not just simply free money. It takes common sense. If you don't have any, well then the all cash route is going to be more foolproof for you, if you can afford it.
Glad you're one of the few market timing geniuses. Most of the normal investing people just keep DCA into diversified, strong investments and ride the waves up and down for 30-40 years and retire with millions. Of course, de-risk the closer you get to retirement.

Everyone can do what they want and lever themselves to the moon to have the big house, big truck, etc. Your money and your sleep. IDGAF.

I prefer to have minimal debt (i.e. very low interest mortgage with deductible interest), paid for depreciating assets, and invest $$$$ each month into a portfolio of stock, bonds, and hard assets (i.e. real estate mostly). YMMV.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
Glad you're one of the few market timing geniuses. Most of the normal investing people just keep DCA into diversified, strong investments and ride the waves up and down for 30-40 years and retire with millions. Of course, de-risk the closer you get to retirement.

Everyone can do what they want and lever themselves to the moon to have the big house, big truck, etc. Your money and your sleep. IDGAF.

I prefer to have minimal debt (i.e. very low interest mortgage with deductible interest), paid for depreciating assets, and invest $$$$ each month into a portfolio of stock, bonds, and hard assets (i.e. real estate mostly). YMMV.
don't be stupid.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I hope you pull your money out soon, or you will financing a KIA for 10 years. Dow is down 890.

OP
OP
R

Raptorbegone

Reaction score
I hope you pull your money out soon, or you will financing a KIA for 10 years. Dow is down 890.
And? The market can't always go up. You don't yank your money out over every few percentage points pulling back.

If anything, this is when real men that have balls know to buy the dip

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.