Who would like a factory tuned Raptor or perhaps an over the air tune purchased through ford?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For every prior G2 Raptor owner who’s switching to the TRX, there are 5 new G3 customers that haven’t owned Raptors before. I’m also seeing plenty of people who had G2s, grabbed a TRX to try it out when no Raptors were available, and are now dumping them to get into G3’s. Time will tell, but in my opinion there is zero chance the Raptor will not remain the leader of the Baja style off road truck market.

The TRX has launch control and they mentioned it’s 0-60 time a dozen times at the press release. That tells me all I need to know about what that truck was designed for and what the priorities are. Not a bad truck by any means, but different strokes.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put the EcoBoost Raptors in the same category as a Subaru Sti, that is, you’re really not getting the full experience until you’re at the stage 2 tune level. Really transforms the way the vehicle behaves.

mike91

Reaction score
Saw Livernois tuned a gen 3 37 and got 425hp and 547tq to the wheels, that sounds fun. I would pay more for a Ford performance tune to maintain factory warranty when mine comes in though

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I see your point, but do you think Ford is happy about so many Raptor guys trading them (I’m about to be one of them) for a TRX instead of a Gen 3 Raptor? I don’t think I would be satisfied if I was a Ford exec in charge of Raptor development in any way. But that’s just me.

Which is why Ford is working on a Raptor R. I don't think they also need to respond by selling their own tunes as well.