Who to Talk To At Dealership

Who is your best bet for a deep discount on a new order at the dealership?

• The owner, go straight to the top.

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • General Sales Manager

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Sales Manager

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Internet Sales Manager

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Fleet Manager

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Any lot salesman, they get really excited.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It doesn't matter, your chances are all the same.

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
I'd like to know who people recommend talking to at the dealership for discounts on new orders. I did some searching and found that people order through all different levels of authority. General Sales Managers, Fleet Managers, Internet Sales Managers, and good ol' salesmen walking the lot. I also noticed that the discount on the deal often correlated to who the customer talked to. So I'd like to know, if you are going to be visiting (calling, emailing) the dealership to order your new Raptor, who should you be hunting down to best your chances of snagging a deal?

Last edited:

Fred

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can talk directly to the owner...Take any of the sales folks out of the equation...The Owner wants a relationship not a commission...he (she) looks at the whole picture not just the sale...service work, body work, referrals, etc...

Banned
Reaction score
owner is best, but not always possible.
sales manager would be the next best bet imo.

or, if its a dealership you or your family has dealt with lots, go with the sales person always used. when i bought my sled first person i talked to was the salesman my brother dealt with for years. he got me the best deal possible, same thing the owner would have given me.

also depends on the dealership size id imagine.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep in mind, at many dealers the "Internet Sales" and "Fleet" manager, is the same person or department... That's the best person to deal with.

Best way is to call in AHEAD of time, and form a relationship with the internet sales manager. If you walk in cold, and have never spoken to anybody before, many times a regular salesman will do all he can to snag you, and make reaching the internet sales guy a bit harder.

I used True Car for my last 3 vehicles, and formed a relationship with the internet manager that way, and also had an idea of a fair discount before hitting the dealer. Using that method, I was able to get my Raptor from a sticker of $48,300 down to $43,750.

Banned
Reaction score
Keep in mind, at many dealers the "Internet Sales" and "Fleet" manager, is the same person or department... That's the best person to deal with.

Best way is to call in AHEAD of time, and form a relationship with the internet sales manager. If you walk in cold, and have never spoken to anybody before, many times a regular salesman will do all he can to snag you, and make reaching the internet sales guy a bit harder.

I used True Car for my last 3 vehicles, and formed a relationship with the internet manager that way, and also had an idea of a fair discount before hitting the dealer. Using that method, I was able to get my Raptor from a sticker of $48,300 down to $43,750.

also a good tactic!

also, keep that relationship alive. dont buy the vehicle and never talk to the person again. who knows, you may wanna go back for another one in a few years, and if they are still there, instant discounts.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had won some stuff off a radio show that a local dealer puts on. When I'd go in to pick up prizes, I was talking to the general sales manager, and had told him over a year ago that I would be ordering a Raptor. So I emailed him and he quoted me a good price on my order.

It's a small dealership though. I think they have about 5 salesmen, not counting the sales manager.