Who in here has the biggest power Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick11

Reaction score
Here is what I can share.

I can’t give you a horsepower number, but I’m consistently able to run 4.2 second 0-60 and brake boosted last night on a dry flat rd I did a 4.18!

If I could just get faster turbo spool up from a
Dead stop it would be a 3.9 second truck.
I have at least a 0.25 second delay until the turbos really spool and then it’s like lift off at Cape Canaveral.

I’m still in disbelief the difference with the spark plugs... but I’m just in disbelief that this thing which weighs 5700lbs... with giant 35 inch tires... with all that drivetrain underneath it... will stay with most of your average domestic sports cars. Your basic coyote GT Mustang is going to be a tossup and with AWD... the raptor has the edge...

Raptor??? It’s ridiculous and if anyone said it to me.... I’d laugh at them.

Just wild.

You don’t need big turbo kits. At this point it’s not worth the potential for problems. Maybe one day if it’s worked out....

Seriously.... a 4 second cruise ship as it is?!!!

Just unreal.

What are your mods ?

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mpt 93prx
Afe magnum gt CAI
FOMOco catback
SPD turbo adapters
Whipple intercooler
Sp542 plugs

QUOTE=Nick11;1250417]What are your mods ?[/QUOTE]

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Danzio sells an 830hp eco race engine - ported heads, cams, etc. I'd say we know what the upper limit looks like on race gas - this is designed to run in a trophy truck so durability is factored into that number. I'm sure there will be 'tuners' making dyno runs at higher numbers but I doubt they will survive if the truck is actually used in the dirt.

As I've said before, your biggest issue is going to be ****** pump gas.

The 10spd is better equipped to handle the power than the 6spd in the G1, and that trans was fine in the 650-700hp range and unless you are doing neutral drops at 5 grand in 4wd, the front diff should be fine as well.

Nick11

Reaction score
Mpt 93prx
Afe magnum gt CAI
FOMOco catback
SPD turbo adapters
Whipple intercooler
Sp542 plugs

QUOTE=Nick11;1250417]What are your mods ?
[/QUOTE]

Nice thanks for sharing this.

Would be curios to know how much HP your getting from the turbo adapters, CAI, and Intercooler. I would imagine the majority of gain is just from the tune....

but what do I know ... would be nice to see the data on it.

Either way I am sure it's a blast to drive now!

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I can share.

I can’t give you a horsepower number, but I’m consistently able to run 4.2 second 0-60 and brake boosted last night on a dry flat rd I did a 4.18!
....Just unreal.

Hey @Guy, If you have time, would you run a data log with your nGauge while you're running a 0-60 or maybe all the way to 0-100mph if you have space and send it to me? No brake boosting just start the log while holding the brake and then poke it to the floor and let the tranny shift itself. I would like to make some comparisons of actual data.

Thanks!

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey @Guy, If you have time, would you run a data log with your nGauge while you're running a 0-60 or maybe all the way to 0-100mph if you have space and send it to me? No brake boosting just start the log while holding the brake and then poke it to the floor and let the tranny shift itself. I would like to make some comparisons of actual data.

Thanks!

Press the brake and poke it to the floor? Do we have launch control? I thought I read where someone said baja mode had antilag. I disregarded it as the usual BS people talk on here.

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Press the brake and poke it to the floor? Do we have launch control? I thought I read where someone said baja mode had antilag. I disregarded it as the usual BS people talk on here.

No launch control other than brake boosting. I read that there is a form of anti lag as well. I haven’t done any in-depth research on it though. I have purchased the HP Tuners software suite, so I’ll be able to scrutinize the engine and transition modules soon.

As for my data log request, it goes without saying that you release the brake when you poke the throttle.

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice healthy numbers there! Mods?

Pretty much the whole kit and kaboodle in there. Double pumper plenums, a Whipple supercharger (single turbo conversion), larger rear diff intercooler, Jegs spark plug wires, custom tune by Stillen.

I was going to go all out and upgrade the cooling system as I was having significant detonation and overheating problems, but I took Guy's advice here and put in a bottle of water wetter and the cooling alone really improved. My intake air temps went down 40* at WOT in 10th gear, even at redline. Thanks again Guy - I'm a believer now