Who in here has the biggest power Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gijosh28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the whole kit and kaboodle in there. Double pumper plenums, a Whipple supercharger (single turbo conversion), larger rear diff intercooler, Jegs spark plug wires, custom tune by Stillen.

I was going to go all out and upgrade the cooling system as I was having significant detonation and overheating problems, but I took Guy's advice here and put in a bottle of water wetter and the cooling alone really improved. My intake air temps went down 40* at WOT in 10th gear, even at redline. Thanks again Guy - I'm a believer now

You got me. I am so guillable/tired, I'm sitting here reading this going, "am I reading this right? WTF is he talking about."

Here in the souf, you can here people talk about "4 hole gas heads" and "3 quarter cams." But they actually equate to things. I was trying to figure out what a double pumper plenum was lol.

I called a 5r55 a "transmixer" one time and this redneck started laughing and making fun of me.

Last edited:

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh.

Well I wasn’t aware that we were using the hemi button.

With the hemi button I ran a 3.1, but I don’t like to press it because it uses too much gas.

Pretty much the whole kit and kaboodle in there. Double pumper plenums, a Whipple supercharger (single turbo conversion), larger rear diff intercooler, Jegs spark plug wires, custom tune by Stillen.

I was going to go all out and upgrade the cooling system as I was having significant detonation and overheating problems, but I took Guy's advice here and put in a bottle of water wetter and the cooling alone really improved. My intake air temps went down 40* at WOT in 10th gear, even at redline. Thanks again Guy - I'm a believer now

kpg81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh.

Well I wasn’t aware that we were using the hemi button.

With the hemi button I ran a 3.1, but I don’t like to press it because it uses too much gas.

Dude you ran a 3.1 !! I'm going to tell my tachnician Cleetus to dial up the ponies in my Raptor then!!

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 AM ----------

You got me. I am so guillable/tired, I'm sitting here reading this going, "am I reading this right? WTF is he talking about."

Here in the souf, you can here people talk about "4 hole gas heads" and "3 quarter cams." But they actually equate to things. I was trying to figure out what a double pumper plenum was lol.

I called a 5r55 a "transmixer" one time and this redneck started laughing and making fun of me.

Hahaha all good man !! Just messing around of course. lol

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No launch control other than brake boosting. I read that there is a form of anti lag as well. I haven’t done any in-depth research on it though. I have purchased the HP Tuners software suite, so I’ll be able to scrutinize the engine and transition modules soon.

As for my data log request, it goes without saying that you release the brake when you poke the throttle.

Yes, the raptor does have anti-lag in baja mode.

Accelerate hard then let off and you can hear the engine tone change when it kicks in.

You can see it in action in the middle of this video I made. It builds almost 5 psi of boost off throttle.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/gettin-raptor-sideways-lake-*video*-60437/

FORZDA 1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the raptor does have anti-lag in baja mode.

Accelerate hard then let off and you can hear the engine tone change when it kicks in.

You can see it in action in the middle of this video I made. It builds almost 5 psi of boost off throttle.....

Sounds reasonable. The only way it can maintain boost in the intake manifold is to hold the ETC open some amount even with your foot off the gas. It may even retard the intake cam timing, but I haven't really pushed mine in baja mode, so I can't say for sure how much the throttle is held open, but I will data log it eventually so I will know what's happening.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless your using a stand alone GPS to verify 0-60 , not the speedometer signal your 4.1 sec doesn't mean much. The speed signal can be altered in tune by tire size to show a fast time and it doesn't account for any wheel slippage. G-tech fanatic works well.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds reasonable. The only way it can maintain boost in the intake manifold is to hold the ETC open some amount even with your foot off the gas. It may even retard the intake cam timing, but I haven't really pushed mine in baja mode, so I can't say for sure how much the throttle is held open, but I will data log it eventually so I will know what's happening.

It opens the throttle body open, but retards fuel and ignition when the antilag is active.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My P3 gauge correlates perfectly with my AIM SOLO when in 4WA. It does not correlate as well in 2WD with tire slipping. My time goes down on the P3 and my actual GPS time goes up.

They are within a half a second of eachother in the absence of wheel slip in 4WA. My tires are stock as is my drivetrain.

The numbers posted are reflective of what the truck will do with those mods at sea level in mid 30 degree ambient temp.

Unless your using a stand alone GPS to verify 0-60 , not the speedometer signal your 4.1 sec doesn't mean much. The speed signal can be altered in tune by tire size to show a fast time and it doesn't account for any wheel slippage. G-tech fanatic works well.

1BAD454SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Solo is a really nice unit , do you have any screen shots of the 0-60 or even better a 1/4 mile run like to see what your 60 foot time is.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t do 1/4 mile or even 0-100 runs. No space in my urban area. Even a 60 run I need to do at night when no one is around on a proper speed rated road. I’m big on safety. I’m old.

No extra shots or videos or captures. Just sharing my experiences. :)

The Solo is a really nice unit , do you have any screen shots of the 0-60 or even better a 1/4 mile run like to see what your 60 foot time is.