Who in here has the biggest power Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was thinking about doing a thread on who has the biggest power Gen 2 on this forum. I know a lot of guys have a bunch of bolt ons and tunes out there including the stage 1 whipple. Any dyno #s? I was trying to keep this thread to guys that had their trucks tuned and dynoed to post some Dyno sheets up. The heavy hitters from this forum. I know its early and mods are coming out but you can post up if you think your truck has the power to be on here and Ill make a list of forum members with power #s. Please include your mod list so that we know what is done to the truck for the amount of power you made.

Thanks Guys

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was thinking about doing a thread on who has the biggest power Gen 2 on this forum. I know a lot of guys have a bunch of bolt ons and tunes out there including the stage 1 whipple. Any dyno #s? I was trying to keep this thread to guys that had their trucks tuned and dynoed to post some Dyno sheets up. The heavy hitters from this forum. I know its early and mods are coming out but you can post up if you think your truck has the power to be on here and Ill make a list of forum members with power #s. Please include your mod list so that we know what is done to the truck for the amount of power you made.

Thanks Guys

no one is going to make big usable power until the engine builders figure out the oiling constraints. I have yet to see even a baffled oil pan available for these. There also may be some head/valvecover mods that you'd need to make "big" power.

I certainly would not drop 10-15 on bigger turbos, etc knowing that the weak points havent been addressed.

I'd also be worried about the TC and trans with a boatload more power. If youre in the loose stuff and the truck finally hooks, LOTS of things would break.

If you really want to drop big coin on reliable power, go build you a twin turbo or SC'ed 5.0 and drop that into the truck. It'll probably be less expensive than juicing the ecoboost. ( because the stuff that you "might" be able to borrow from the ford GT to beef the truck will cost you more than a fresh 5.0 with the power adder, and even then, you'd be around 650HP, but that power would be the wrong kind for a heavy truck.

I dont even want to know what the ford GT dry sump system would cost to retrofit.

All of this is also considering that you'd ditch the 4wd system and go 2wd. you'd murder the front dif, axles and IWEs with another 200-300 HP.

If you go that far, you bought the wrong truck. Go buy a leftover f-150 with a 5.0 and the options that you want and get going on a big boy build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Kamil

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no one is going to make big usable power until the engine builders figure out the oiling constraints. I have yet to see even a baffled oil pan available for these. There also may be some head/valvecover mods that you'd need to make "big" power.

I certainly would not drop 10-15 on bigger turbos, etc knowing that the weak points havent been addressed.

I'd also be worried about the TC and trans with a boatload more power. If youre in the loose stuff and the truck finally hooks, LOTS of things would break.

If you really want to drop big coin on reliable power, go build you a twin turbo or SC'ed 5.0 and drop that into the truck. It'll probably be less expensive than juicing the ecoboost. ( because the stuff that you "might" be able to borrow from the ford GT to beef the truck will cost you more than a fresh 5.0 with the power adder, and even then, you'd be around 650HP, but that power would be the wrong kind for a heavy truck.

I dont even want to know what the ford GT dry sump system would cost to retrofit.

All of this is also considering that you'd ditch the 4wd system and go 2wd. you'd murder the front dif, axles and IWEs with another 200-300 HP.

If you go that far, you bought the wrong truck. Go buy a leftover f-150 with a 5.0 and the options that you want and get going on a big boy build.

I have a fast GTR already. My Panamera Turbo was fast stock as well went 11.8 but that was not enough so a tune made it go low low 11s. :) maybe Im just a power junkie

bradyh20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a fast GTR already. My Panamera Turbo was fast stock as well went 11.8 but that was not enough so a tune made it go low low 11s. :) maybe Im just a power junkie

Yawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
Kamil

Kamil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im not sayin low 11s is fast Im just saying I cant keep the cars stock. My last Z06 went 9.4 at 145mph. My GTR is in the 9s as well. We are not talking drag car status running 7s in a Notchback Mustang or anything like that.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously.

Post some numbers!

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what I can share.

I can’t give you a horsepower number, but I’m consistently able to run 4.2 second 0-60 and brake boosted last night on a dry flat rd I did a 4.18!

If I could just get faster turbo spool up from a
Dead stop it would be a 3.9 second truck.
I have at least a 0.25 second delay until the turbos really spool and then it’s like lift off at Cape Canaveral.

I’m still in disbelief the difference with the spark plugs... but I’m just in disbelief that this thing which weighs 5700lbs... with giant 35 inch tires... with all that drivetrain underneath it... will stay with most of your average domestic sports cars. Your basic coyote GT Mustang is going to be a tossup and with AWD... the raptor has the edge...

Raptor??? It’s ridiculous and if anyone said it to me.... I’d laugh at them.

Just wild.

You don’t need big turbo kits. At this point it’s not worth the potential for problems. Maybe one day if it’s worked out....

Seriously.... a 4 second cruise ship as it is?!!!

Just unreal.