Who in here has the biggest power Gen 2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No reason to lie to you.

I’ve not had This truck to a drag strip. I don’t have any slips. I don’t have light times. Nothing

I have an old aim solo and a pretty slick P3 gauge.

I’m lucky I can do a 0-60 run. I’m doing it on a public roadway, but it is designated for the speed. I’m very big on safety. If you did what I do for a living... you’d understand.

Not looking to mess with you guys. I’m not a troll either. Take a look at all my posts.

WC114

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guy appreciate the post. What's your best 60 foot time? I'm trying to figure out where my current mods stand

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Want big power get a diesel or LS/LTx, want something fast get a sports car or ***** suv, the raptor is something different....IT IS NOT A LIGHTNING OR AN SRT10!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Want big power get a diesel or LS/LTx, want something fast get a sports car or ***** suv, the raptor is something different....IT IS NOT A LIGHTNING OR AN SRT10!!!!!!!!!!!!
Agreed, but install an MPT tune and it goes from acceptable acceleration in my opinion to something that is definitely fun to drive. Huge difference!!!!

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eh, with a tune it's quite a torque monster
Not like a don’t have one- I do lol!

I just think the engines getting maxed out as it is, bumping it up to Ford GT levels is probably all it’ll handle before you get into upgrading more of the internals/block/heads etc @
Which point “no replacement for displacement” comes back into play.

For me, “no replacement for power, period” when it comes to keeping my warranty, but if I was interested in driving around a truck w/ crazy power this simply isn’t the right platform for it, not a BAD platform for big power, but crazy power (For me that starts @ the 550-600whp+ Mark) this isn’t the right motor.

I had a 6.2 GMC previously- if I had a tune on that & it blew I would’ve been bummed being outta warranty but part of me would be grinning about all the off the shelf mods/parts available that can turn that small block V8 into an absolute animal.

How many shops out there doing EB builds? How many custom grind cams can you get that are a phone call away?

The diesel trucks & the motors powering them are built w/ the mindset that they’ll be put through abuse/torture from the get go, cast iron block > AL block from a power threshold (most cases anyhow) & big displacement AL V8s don’t need to run super high compression or rev to the moon or be put under the same force fed pressure/boost to reach the same power levels reliably.

I’m not trying to knock the 3.5 EB or raptor at all, I just scratch my head trying to understand why getting huge power out of them would be a goal when there are inarguably other platforms to start w/ that are much more conducive to meeting that goal.

Just like I scratch my head when I see block lifted Raptors riding on 37”s & 22” chromies....wtf!?!

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Just a note to @Badgertits , the reason you don’t see a wide selection of camshafts for the Ecoboost is that they aren’t applicable, not needed. The Ecoboost, and any turbocharged engine isn’t dependent on the camshaft to assist in airflow into the cylinder.
The turbocharger is the equalizer for displacement comparisons. Yes, you can turbo a big displacement engine, but are also limited by the weight of the pistons and the piston speed (metallurgy). A lighter piston (smaller displacement) will be tolerant of more boost than heavier pistons.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Agreed that the “lifted” bro-dozers are styling only. Kinda like the “stances” idiots with so much negative camber the the tires are riding on about 2 inches of the inside tread area.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just a note to @Badgertits , the reason you don’t see a wide selection of camshafts for the Ecoboost is that they aren’t applicable, not needed. The Ecoboost, and any turbocharged engine isn’t dependent on the camshaft to assist in airflow into the cylinder.
The turbocharger is the equalizer for displacement comparisons. Yes, you can turbo a big displacement engine, but are also limited by the weight of the pistons and the piston speed (metallurgy). A lighter piston (smaller displacement) will be tolerant of more boost than heavier pistons.
I understand all that, but there’s a reason the biggest power factory warrantied vehicles are either big displacement iron block turbo diesels or big displacement AL block Supercharged....making big power & making big reliable consistent power are 2 different things.

I’m not disagreeing HO 3.5EB isn’t capable of putting down big numbers, I just don’t think it’s the ideal platform...and apparently ford agrees if you believe that 5.2 SCd super raptor is in the pipeline. We Already know what GM & Mopar think...

Bottom line- Id Be much more intrigued not by who has the most power in a gen 2 raptor, but in who’s got the combo of highest mileage/most power in a raptor that actually does raptor things. On the street 550-650whp is really pushing it as far as what’s “sane” or “usable” to begin with depending where you live or who you ask, the Raptors handling/braking/weight/purpose is also not exactly ideal either.

I do recall when I was into the G8 GT/GXP/Charger/SHO crowd at the time the SHOs could make crazy power, but how many are still running today making that kinda power? Known to go kaboom. Not saying the HO 3.5 in raptor is fragile @ increased power levels like the earlier gen regular 3.5s were, but I just find it tough to believe w/o drastic modification & supporting mods are you gonna make crazy power in a raptor. My thinking on FI engines (turbo motors esp) the first +100hp was a lot easier to get to vs. a non boosted n/a V8, but the subsequent bumps in power came easier to the V8 & more reliably & when the V8 gets boosted all bets are off.

I don’t wanna thread jack any more though carry on!