who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SYNC®3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
worked for duke gaga on m6g forums

well, iphone needs usb to use applink, but my bluetooth is connected as well. The first time it popped up my waze wasn't running, but iphone was unlocked, then when I tapped on the icon in sync 3 it said something like "waiting for phone to response". It then turned to the waze screen after I launched the app on my iphone. Also the navigation icon will turn into the waze icon after you launch it. Enable mobile apps via usb needs to be on, but all other settings are default.

Attachments

• IMG_0241.jpg
    IMG_0241.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 48

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, took a couple power cycles to recognize it. Waze is a go. The operation works flawlessly.

The one thing I dont like is that Waze has a mirroring mode graphic on the phone screen that has to be on when using Waze through the vehicle. You cannot black out your phone when using Waze like you can when using Carplay or Pandora. I just turn the brightness all the way down on the phone.

Last edited:

RossL

Reaction score
Can I downgrade back to 2.3 and then run 3.0 again? Android Auto doesn't work at all anymore and I'm notified whenever I start the truck about updates on wifi which there are none. It's driving me crazy and I really don't want to take the truck to the dealer for them to keep it all day if I don't have to.

If I can does anyone have a copy of 2.3 they can share with me? I can't find a copy of it.

Last edited:

doberer

Reaction score
got it to work (you have to disable apple carplay). The only issue I found is running waze the bottom ribbon row of buttons is hidden behind the F150 ribbon soft buttons while driving..anybody figure out how to get those buttons to show? Otherwise it works just fine audio, playing muting over Sirius, etc.

Ckhris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It works but it totally sucks ass you have to keep it up on ur iPhone.

naamanf

Reaction score
Any way to force update? I'm already on a earlier version of 3.0 and it says I'm already up to date when doing the update with the latest version via USB.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any way to force update? I'm already on a earlier version of 3.0 and it says I'm already up to date when doing the update with the latest version via USB.

Yeah they need subversion control...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk