who has updated to SYNC3 VERSION 3.0 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried a few times to update to 3.0 over wi-fi and the best i can get is about 75% on the status bar and it just sits there. I let it sit almost an hour and it never moved. Wi-fi signal was bouncing between 3 and 4 bars.

Any suggestions or just keep trying?

av8roc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you guys getting waze up on iOS using the official Ford 3.0 release? Not working for me, CarPlay disabled Waze updated and using a three point no releas are you guys getting this thing to work on the official ford 3.0 release? Not working for me, CarPlay disabled Waze updated and using the official 3.0 release.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

In addition I see some of you guys have a FordPass icon up as well, I have the app and use it for remote start but doesn’t show up on my mobile apps

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here, disabled apply carplay.
No waze showing up yet after updating

doberer

Reaction score
yes, official release. carplay disabled.

not to write such a short answer, just at work and not near the Raptor...I can write up the what I did when I get home and have some more time. Basically it wasn't working and I fiddled with this and that...ultimately it started working. The biggest thing I had to do was disable carplay or it kept over-riding the ability to load Ford Apps on the screen and use USB/bluetooth.

i did get a new prompt after I cold started the system when playing with Forscan last night tweaking some sync settings that it asked if I wanted to use Waze or Ford Navigation as the default navigation system...didn't see that before...then it put it on the bottom of the ribbon soft button screen (big button now). I had to use the iphone to run Waze at the same time but didn't try it after I saw the "default" message...was too tired last night. Will tinker some more this evening.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have tried a few times to update to 3.0 over wi-fi and the best i can get is about 75% on the status bar and it just sits there. I let it sit almost an hour and it never moved. Wi-fi signal was bouncing between 3 and 4 bars.

Any suggestions or just keep trying?

Put it on a flash drive and be done with it. Mine never would complete the dl on wifi, either.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went back and read a good bit of this thread from the start so is the 3.0 an official Ford release or no? If it is not no way I am loading it.

My truck says it last checked for an update this morning and didnt pull anything in. I am on 2.2. It is a 2017.

lawdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went back and read a good bit of this thread from the start so is the 3.0 an official Ford release or no? If it is not no way I am loading it.

My truck says it last checked for an update this morning and didnt pull anything in. I am on 2.2. It is a 2017.

There was some sort of beta version that leaked/came out first, but yes, there is an official Sync 3.0 update from the Ford/Sync web site.

doberer

Reaction score
i downloaded mine from the myford website. it took two times with USB to get it to update...1st time it did but then the upload to ford (to confirm 3.0) never worked and then the 2nd time and upload worked. Co-incidentally between the retry - when it was updated on my Raptor but Ford didn't think it was updated, WIFI updates took FOREVER and always bombed out, once Ford knew I was updated properly it instantly knows I am updated and says the correct time stamp checking (< 30 seconds checking).

The thumbdrive update took about 2 minutes to figure out it was on the USB slot, I heard a subtle noise over the speakers (ping) and then it started the loading...it took about 5-10 minutes, not the 30 minutes and multiple reboots like the instructions said. Just wait for the prompt to cycle the ignition (final step).

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since my 17294 was the unoffical version, i was not able to upgrade with the ford official 18025. Thanks to the links Toadster/Robtober shared, I was able to downgrade to the offical v2.2 in order to upgrade to ford offical 3.0.

It took several attempts, I later turned off bluetooth on phone and other audio functionality to not interrupt process, and it finally completed. It took 2 reboots to reflect v2.2. Then ran the official 18025 successfully, and it also took a few reboots (1st reboot reflected a non nav interface, but all appeared after next reboot).

Now all is good, ford official 18025 and waze is present. I did confirm, waze has to be running and in use to pass to the screen. If u minimize the app on your phone, u get a notice...

D7459ECB-30EE-4A0F-AD58-9F0183DA0D2B_zps3pyxmpnk.jpg

5ADB6128-AE8B-40C8-917F-79263A300BDF_zpsfutgaab6.jpg

523AA612-E19A-41AA-80A7-25E7C7E50BD0_zpsdpin2ygi.jpg

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since my 17294 was the unoffical version, i was not able to upgrade with the ford official 18025. Thanks to the links Toadster/Robtober shared, I was able to downgrade to the offical v2.2 in order to upgrade to ford offical 3.0.

It took several attempts, I later turned off bluetooth on phone and other audio functionality to not interrupt process, and it finally completed. It took 2 reboots to reflect v2.2. Then ran the official 18025 successfully, and it also took a few reboots (1st reboot reflected a non nav interface, but all appeared after next reboot).

Now all is good, ford official 18025 and waze is present. I did confirm, waze has to be running and in use to pass to the screen. If u minimize the app on your phone, u get a notice...

:favorites13:

now my quandry is - do I use CarPlay for Spotify? or Ford Apps for Waze?