Who has actually trimmed to clear 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously?

Ok. The honeycomb is actually inner fender structure. It goes bye bye when the factory fender comes off. The +2 fenders are a 2+2. 2" of additional clearance all around.

You'd use a new liner, and the tires wont rub.

i was going to ask the same question. I didn't know the honeycomb came off with the wider fenders. I will look into it, thanks

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seriously?

Ok. The honeycomb is actually inner fender structure. It goes bye bye when the factory fender comes off. The +2 fenders are a 2+2. 2" of additional clearance all around.

You'd use a new liner, and the tires wont rub.

So what you’re saying is you’d have to modify or remove the honeycomb anyway.

So you’d rather spend $600 on fenders, $600 on body work(maybe more) and paint, and remove the honeycomb anyway, instead of just trimming the honeycomb in the first place.

+2 fenders are unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So what you’re saying is you’d have to modify or remove the honeycomb anyway.

So you’d rather spend $600 on fenders, $600 on body work(maybe more) and paint, and remove the honeycomb anyway, instead of just trimming the honeycomb in the first place.

+2 fenders are unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your opinion, perhaps. to each their own.

I spent a whole lot more than that on my fenders, but I'm also going mid-travel and +2 on each side, so fenders and bedsides are not optional.

If you buy nicer fenders, they require little more than a scuff and shoot for paint, instead of cheap fenders that require extensive body work.

I'm choosing to skip paint and just wrap the whole truck.

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your opinion, perhaps. to each their own.

I spent a whole lot more than that on my fenders, but I'm also going mid-travel and +2 on each side, so fenders and bedsides are not optional.

If you buy nicer fenders, they require little more than a scuff and shoot for paint, instead of cheap fenders that require extensive body work.

I'm choosing to skip paint and just wrap the whole truck.

In our experience, installing every fiberglass fender brand out there, they all need extensive body work to make them look nice.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
In our experience, installing every fiberglass fender brand out there, they all need extensive body work to make them look nice.

you should try some battleborn engineering CF fenders. They are pretty spendy by comparison, but they need little more than a scuff and shoot.

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ground off a little honey comb and good to go. I agree, if aftermarket fenders eliminate the honeycomb altogether, why not just grind some off and seal it up. Some black paint and call it good.

BrianR

Reaction score
Once you’ve made the room behind the fender liner, how are you guys tying back the fender liner to actually gain the space? Is everyone just using a heat gun and bending? Is there a slick fastener you can recommend?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Once you’ve made the room behind the fender liner, how are you guys tying back the fender liner to actually gain the space? Is everyone just using a heat gun and bending? Is there a slick fastener you can recommend?

take a look at expedition x offroad's instagram. J just got a gen2. He's got plenty of pics an details on what he's had to do so his 37s dont rub, including moving the liner mounting points up about 1/2" to provide the right clearance at full bump.

ivanhouston10

Reaction score
take a look at expedition x offroad's instagram. J just got a gen2. He's got plenty of pics an details on what he's had to do so his 37s dont rub, including moving the liner mounting points up about 1/2" to provide the right clearance at full bump.
Where do I find this info? I've looked thru his IG account and can't seem to find anything.