Who has actually trimmed to clear 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
I've read different opinions and talked to a couple shops that have told me different things, but who has actually trimmed to clear 37s? It seems that the pinch weld needs to be cut or bent, but to what extent? I have been told it needs to be bent all the way up (doesn't seem right) and I have been told that it needs to be cut off up about 4 inches from the bottom because it is too hard to bend. So who has actually done it successfully and what did you do?

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Soon you will see a picture posted by Jake of a terrible hack job.

As far as fitting 37's goes it does come down to wheel size, offset and tire brand. 2" perch collar with a proper alignment and OEM wheels with BFG 37's would require very little trimming vs Method's with Toyo MT's would take quite a bit.

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Soon you will see a picture posted by Jake of a terrible hack job.

As far as fitting 37's goes it does come down to wheel size, offset and tire brand. 2" perch collar with a proper alignment and OEM wheels with BFG 37's would require very little trimming vs Method's with Toyo MT's would take quite a bit.

Oh God, I've seen that enough. I'm running +1 offset Walker Evans and hoping to run 37" BFG all terrains.

Higgs Boson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am running geiser front springs with method +0 offset wheels and BFG K02 37s (so they are probably a bit smaller than the normal 37) and full lock street use barely touches the very bottom of the inner most part of the fender liner behind the tire, about a 1 inch by .5 inch section if that. its the soft plastic inside area I could cut out with scissors but I haven't yet.

not sure what will happen when I take it to the ranch.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh God, I've seen that enough. I'm running +1 offset Walker Evans and hoping to run 37" BFG all terrains.

Is your truck lifted in the front? You need at least a 2.5" lift If not no way it will work. Also with that offset if you plan to offroad anything serious you will probably rip off your rear fender liners.

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
Is your truck lifted in the front? You need at least a 2.5" lift If not no way it will work. Also with that offset if you plan to offroad anything serious you will probably rip off your rear fender liners.

Getting fox 3.0 factory COs in front, so it will lift it up. Just trying to really figure out whether I need to cut and hammer the pinch weld all the way up or if I can cut off the bottom few inches completely. Those are the two methods I have been told work, but obviously they are inconsistent.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting fox 3.0 factory COs in front, so it will lift it up. Just trying to really figure out whether I need to cut and hammer the pinch weld all the way up or if I can cut off the bottom few inches completely. Those are the two methods I have been told work, but obviously they are inconsistent.

I think your biggest issue will be in the rear to be honest. With those wheels and 37s you will grab the rear plastic outer fender liners when bottomed out. I have seen people rip those off over whoops

DEGBTI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a gen 2 with bfg 37 km2's, method 17x8.5 with zero offset, aftermarket fox 3.0.
I had to cut the plastic a little with box cutters. The fox shocks will only lift your truck about 2" from stock as they come from fox. I am going to add some pre-load to raise it another 1" and the add deaver +3 to the rear. Done

OP
OP
I

infantrytroop22

Reaction score
i have a gen 2 with bfg 37 km2's, method 17x8.5 with zero offset, aftermarket fox 3.0.
I had to cut the plastic a little with box cutters. The fox shocks will only lift your truck about 2" from stock as they come from fox. I am going to add some pre-load to raise it another 1" and the add deaver +3 to the rear. Done

You didn't have to touch the pinch welds?