Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to go in to work tonite, Dbl time!
I drove my regular route to pick up the crane. And I have to say my face hurts from this big grin I can't get rid of.

I do need to revise some comments from earlier.
The drone is not gone but different, not as intense as before and it's not always there.

I want to report a glitch Huston!

I wanted to reset my avg fuel and when it started to caibrate the check engine icon lit up, while driving normal, just to see how high it would go but that didn't last long.

This big Acura SUV came up to my ass and blew by me on right and did the left cutoff thing, normally I would just let it go I couldn't catch up to it anyway.

Ha haa I'm laughing to myself while writing this on my cell phone :)
Not only did I catch him I blew past him at around 115 and kept on going til the speedo pointed almost straight down, I'm guessing 135, when I slow down to 65, now he stayed back there. I guess he knew his place. He won't do that to a Raptor again. "HA" That used to be me before.

What a great feeling that is. I think I will lose safe driver discount :)

Last edited:

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no joke, i kept thinking that with all his 110+ posts.

I punked out at 125 after my reflash, all i could picture was chunks of tire ripping off ending in me skidding to a halt engulfed in a huge fireball...

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Our stock tires are good for 112 mph and I'm sure the safety factor is way up there like 400%.
And you have to get the tire past safe operating temperture before anything might happen, or the tire is damaged in anyway.

But still:
Don't think I don't worry about that, I'm not holding to that kind of speed for very long about 15 to 20 seconds.
I do not have a death wish and I have a CDL driver license. I could lose my job if I lose my license.

I will tell you the steering wheel gets real lose at that speed, I would say the nose drops about 6 in. when I let off.
I would not do this on a small country road that's for sure!
The truck had alot more to go, it was still pulling hard in 5th gear. I don't think I'll be going faster than that.

I have been watching the tire threads and looking on the internet for V rated tires. Can not find any for our trucks with the load rate and speed rating,
I have even look into 20's since I will be doing Brembo brakes once my wife calms down.

For years I would buy the Nitto NT404, 305/55 18 V, a new set every year just before winter since they were good for ony 20,000 miles. And with my driving habits killed that to around 10,000. I believe they had a size that would have work on a Raptor. I tried the Pirelli Scorpions for less than a half a year and sold all 4 for $200, I hated them not even close to Nitto. That being said Nitto discontinued the line 4 or 5 years ago you can still buy some but there are going to be old tires turning into plastic.
I was holding turns and coming out of them better than a BMW with truck setup the way I had it.
On one of the highway ramps I use everyday I could do 90 in Tahoe, the Raptor could not hold the turn at 65 I had to brake, but not because of the Raptor,
it's the under size in width!!! of our tires! Way to much truck for our skinny stock tires. On pavement anyway.
But thats not what the Raptor is all about nor is this high rate of speed.

Getting off topic here,

the engine light was and is still lit when I drove home this morning, so I've been babieing it for now till I can get it to the dealer.
I hope I don't have to send the PCM back to Ford Racing to clear it.
And I do not what to pull the battery cable off and try to reset it myself.
I want Ford Racing to see what code error it is and what's going on.

Update: I emailed Michael@Whipple and he got back to me right away and said it's probable nothing serious otherwise it would go into Limp mode.
I tend to agree, nothing strange is happening drives fine. I will find out on Monday when I bring to the dealer.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Went to Ford this morning and retrieved and cleared them.
The 2 codes state: rich in bank one and two. I was glad it was not lean.

Whipple will get back to me when they discus this with the Ford engineer.
I'll keep you posted.

Update: since the service tech failed to take a snap shot,
we will wait and see if the engine icon lights up again. There wasn't any difference with light on or off.
So really nothing to worry about. Running a little rich is better than too lean.

Last edited:

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go in to work tonite, Dbl time!
I drove my regular route to pick up the crane. And I have to say my face hurts from this big grin I can't get rid of.

I do need to revise some comments from earlier.
The drone is not gone but different, not as intense as before and it's not always there.

I want to report a glitch Huston!

I wanted to reset my avg fuel and when it started to caibrate the check engine icon lit up, while driving normal, just to see how high it would go but that didn't last long.

This big Acura SUV came up to my ass and blew by me on right and did the left cutoff thing, normally I would just let it go I couldn't catch up to it anyway.

Ha haa I'm laughing to myself while writing this on my cell phone :)
Not only did I catch him I blew past him at around 115 and kept on going til the speedo pointed almost straight down, I'm guessing 135 when I slow down to 65, now he stayed back there. I guess he knew his place. He won't do that to a Raptor again. "HA" That used to be me before.

What a great feeling that is. I think I will lose safe driver discount :)

What kind of work do you do? I see you mentioned "crane" You in heavy eqiupment or TV/film buisness.