Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the 2010 and there are no issuse with the stock setup, just the odd one. :)

I bought my Whipple through the Ford Dealer. I believe it is not up on Ford Racing's Parts website yet.

Like Whipple said there are no issues with their complete kits and you keep the stock setup on the truck.
This is the way Ford Racing Team designed the Tune.
Whipple says you can use short tube headers and I believe cat-back mufflers, you have to look at their website.

I have called SVT, Ford Racing, ask my service manager and Whipple about this.

As for warranty,
installing a Whipple Supercharger does not void the warranty but Ford can deny a claim if they find that the parameters were not used at all times.
And of course if they find you abused your truck just like any other warranty.
That being said, you have a greater chance when going though Ford with buying, installing and using Ford Racing Tune, that any claims will be less problematic.

Whipple also offers warranties for the Supercharger and it covers limited support for engines as well, check out their website.

Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification!

Torq have no Fvcking idea what they are doing and are attempting to put a tune on my truck that can totally **** it up.

Secondly your tune has been out for a while but they ordered my kit as a tuneless (which is not what I wanted) and realized that they have no clue how to tune this truck ordered a tune (I'd love to know when they changed thier minds) and have been pleading with you to make a one off tune for long tube headers. So in essence because they sold me a set of $1200 headers and do t want to eat that money they have just been sitting on my truck hoping and praying that you guys come through with a tune that "might" work. Finally I didn't contact you guys because I'm not doing the install if I was believe me you would be sick of hearing from me. I'm paying a bunch of @ssholes that claim to know what they are doing to do an install on my truck but it's obivious that they have no idea what to do.

Fvcking AWESOME! Looks like I'll be taking a flight to Miami Tuesday.....

I genuinely appericiate your response if you have time please send me an email dino2024 @ yahoo.com I'd love to know when they decided to order the tune from you guys.

The tune has been available for a little while now. This system was purchased without a "tune".

To be clear, the vehicle in question has long tubes which is not something we support with our tune. But we decided to go ahead and do something for this vehicle, but that is where there is a potential problem. When converting the file, something might have not worked properly (can't be sure until we get PCM back). The standard tunes get run through the Ford system and therefore are 100% validated, a custom tune, done only for this vehicle in a short time, did not have time to run through the validation procedure and therefore there is the possibility of something being wrong. I honestly can't guarantee something one way or the other.

As for problems, were unaware of any other problems. You posted on 3/28 that the tune was not ready, I'm not sure where your getting your info, but we have many Raptors and F250's running around right now. The tune is in fact ready and released.

As for PCM reflashes, we've been flashing in-house for years and this is what this system comes with. We do not tell others anything but this information, its also listed in the instruction manual.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

The system was purchased without a tune, then changed to buy a tune, but not for a stock vehicle.

What lack of support are you talking about? We can't watch the forums everyday, have you tried emailing me or Michael? As for knowledge of these issues, the only issue we know of is that the vehicle doesn't start right now, therefore we had it shipped back to verify on monday.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Umm, sorry, but this is not correct. There's a big difference between an aftermarket tune and a OEM based tune. We've had test Raptors running around for almost 6 months. Getting a production cal released takes time, which it did, now its available.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

There's no problems with this. Ford has most of these types of features as "templates" and these don't normally need to change. 2010 was the only odd one, 11, 12 and 13 were pretty much a carry over. We also had to update our flash procedure in-house, as these PCM's are different then what our previous device worked with. The encryption procedure took a little extra time, but we feel it will be worth it in the long run.

Last edited:

Stig1

Reaction score
I have the 2010 and there are no issuse with the stock setup, just the odd one. :)

Thanks MTF for the edit, thats the answer I was looking for.... I was told about the long headers and exhaust but actually prefer supercharger on the otherwise stock setup to keep it simple. Some shops will look for add ons, make a few more bucks, to give the MOST HP they can, but create a more difficulties. Hopefully the stock/whipple direction will be a drive it and forget it scenario like a factory supercharged equipped vehicle.

Maybe you can answer another question that I have been having... Noise levels... Hearing the charger is good, but some of the videos it is down right LOUD! I hope this is only because in these videos these guys are pushing it hard, and under normal cruising conditions its not louder than the exhaust.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes this is what Ford is looking to do, from talking to SVT. To make it an option for future models. It may be as soon as 2013

I will let you know, I am trying to get my Raptor in this week,
my kit has been sitting at the dealer for over a week and it's singing to me at night in my dreams. LOL
I'm with you on the noise sure does sound loud in the video from the outside.
I not going to crazy about it because the HP will be worth it.

To point out the owner of the Raptor in the Videos did say it drives normal when not pushing it, and that's the after market Tune.
It seems the it spools up loud after a certain RPM so my guess is if you drive normal you should not hear it at all.
Whipple does say they have a bypass system that does this for fuel economy and driveablity.
Again I make vids and post on Youtube I hope in about week and half if all goes well.

Last edited:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dropped off my truck this morning at the dealer for the Whipple and Ford said it's going to take a week and half to two weeks,
they are very busy and with Easter coming up.
I really do not mind to much the loner car is a brand new Ford Explorer with 600 miles on it.
Whoa this thing drives real nice just missing the power, but it's has some zip to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whipple Charged

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks MTF for the edit, thats the answer I was looking for.... I was told about the long headers and exhaust but actually prefer supercharger on the otherwise stock setup to keep it simple. Some shops will look for add ons, make a few more bucks, to give the MOST HP they can, but create a more difficulties. Hopefully the stock/whipple direction will be a drive it and forget it scenario like a factory supercharged equipped vehicle.

Maybe you can answer another question that I have been having... Noise levels... Hearing the charger is good, but some of the videos it is down right LOUD! I hope this is only because in these videos these guys are pushing it hard, and under normal cruising conditions its not louder than the exhaust.

Noise is not as loud as in the video, as thats with the hood open, but there are certainly some inherent noise with the cold air intake being wide open. City driving, its noticable, but most like it, but thats the eye of the beholder, highway its virtually silent, idle is slightly noticable but not from the cab, wide open is noticable, but it has a very distinct sound.

I know this is vague, but its hard to describe the sounds.

Stig1

Reaction score
Noise is not as loud as in the video, as thats with the hood open, but there are certainly some inherent noise with the cold air intake being wide open. City driving, its noticable, but most like it, but thats the eye of the beholder, highway its virtually silent, idle is slightly noticable but not from the cab, wide open is noticable, but it has a very distinct sound.

I know this is vague, but its hard to describe the sounds.

Thanks Mr Whipple... Not vague at all. System is ordered!

While I'm not planning any further engine/exhaust mods at this time. If I decide to do a cat back system down the road, would this be something that would require a new "tune"? I'm guessing no, but I'd rather not guess.

I also need to make sure if the truck is ever in for service, I make sure they don't do a computer flash update as this would wipe out your SC update.

Much thanks

may28th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the system do off the street.. i take my truck out to the beach and to dune areas and occasionally trail riding and certianly use the truck for what its suppose to be used for.. my question is does the whipple kit handle the off road environment as well as the stock truck as far as heat issue on motor and trans, also any slipping of the belt from the sand and other debris found off road .... and last but not least and correct me if im wrong but so far lethal is the only one that can tune with the long tube headers...?

OP
OP
Whipple Charged

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Mr Whipple... Not vague at all. System is ordered!

While I'm not planning any further engine/exhaust mods at this time. If I decide to do a cat back system down the road, would this be something that would require a new "tune"? I'm guessing no, but I'd rather not guess.

I also need to make sure if the truck is ever in for service, I make sure they don't do a computer flash update as this would wipe out your SC update.

Much thanks

No problem. For tuning, you can basically do shorty headers and cat back without any real tuning change. Cat-back really doesn't change anything for the tune, but certainly helps back pressure and getting rid of heat. Shorty's slightly modify the engine VE but not much at WOT, the rest of the area, the PCM has plenty of capacity to modify for.

Yes, when you take into for service, they need to know not to update. But, because its a Ford cal, when they connect, it does notify them not to flash the vehicle. They would have to cancel this warning to force the flash, so its unlikely, but, some of these dealership techs.....grrr

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

how does the system do off the street.. i take my truck out to the beach and to dune areas and occasionally trail riding and certianly use the truck for what its suppose to be used for.. my question is does the whipple kit handle the off road environment as well as the stock truck as far as heat issue on motor and trans, also any slipping of the belt from the sand and other debris found off road .... and last but not least and correct me if im wrong but so far lethal is the only one that can tune with the long tube headers...?

The truck drives like stock, just stock with some good ol steroids injected in it so it has no problem off-road! You'll wanna turn traction control off for most of your off-roading, as the torque reduction may hinder you a little while offroading with traction control on. There should be no slipping of the belt, we use steel, nickel coated idlers that will last a very long time in harsh conditions. If your going to be running in full sand, then its a good idea to run a sock over the 9" S&B filter to stop it from getting plugged or contaminating the SC.