Whipple's 6.2L 650hp Raptor system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Jon & Jared Responded I'll be trailering the truck to them as soon as the guys at Torq get my PCM back.

So what are you doing now going with Jon Lund Tune and Lethal setup(smaller injectors)? Or Torq has something else?

Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As of now I'm waiting on a call from Jon about when he can deal with the truck. If that's what it takes I will be going with the smaller injectors and his tune.

So what are you doing now going with Jon Lund Tune and Lethal setup(smaller injectors)? Or Torq has something else?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I understand, it seems Bert901 is happy with that!

Hell right now I would be happy with that as well!

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Just got the word the Whipple tune is ready!!!! :big_banana_Dance:

Whipple will post something later for us to read.

Now I just called my Ford dealer and they don't have a loner car for me till next week :emotions122::emotions122::emotions122:

Last edited:

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Believe it when I see it.....

The PCM has been flashed and put back in the truck but the flash update from Ford Racing did not work the first time, the bench flash as they call it did not “take” properly. We have spoken to both Ford and Whipple and they are of course taking care of this. Yours is the first one to get this update, and Ford does obviously not screw around so they are taking care if this for us and covering any costs. Obviously this is not good news for you, believe me when I say that! But this is an entirely new kit from Whipple/Ford and there sometimes hiccups! Your truck as been done and completed install wise for the past 3 weeks, so this has simply been a waiting game from them to get it done but they had to do their testing before they could release it. At the end of the day, this only benefits you as you will get the best product!

dinoone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess cats got Whipple's tongue? I've had Whipple products on a few of my trucks but this will be the absolute last time I purchase one of thier products. Lack of support and knowledge on these issues is just sorry

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm felling you pain, so I guess Torq or Whipple never got back to you?

I just what to add that after emailing back and forth I understand that it's not really all Whipple's fault even though they hold the bag on this.
It's Ford that has you hostage which again is not your problem I would be screaming bloody murder by now.

Whipple was supposed to post on this (their) thread and give an explanation. Instead they responed on the "Whipple" thread. I have email them again asking to post on their thread.
In any case I'm sure you saw this What Whipple posted this last night.

Originally Posted by chinook2 viewpost.gif
I stand corrected. Had emailed Whipple and didn't expect contradiction.
But...Whipple did say for sure that I've got to ship them the PCM, they flash and ovenight back. Intuitive response is not to like having the truck down for min 2 to 3 days during PCM transfer, nor being dependent, but then I'm not the expert on why.
Thanks for the correction, I'm confirmed on my original statement being wrong!

From Whipple Charged:

The reason is that the tunes are built and compiled by Ford and therefore they will not support putting this into aftermarket flash tools. The file is very advanced and very much encrypted to protect the thousands of dollars put into it. Believe it or not, there is competition that will do everything they can to have that tune and call it there own. It happened with the 5.0L when FRPP released there tune, pretty much all SC companies copied it and made some mods, but used there template which was worth millions.

Therefore, our flashes are done in house. If customers want custom tunes or something they can flash at there place, then they have to go with SCT and custom tunes from companies such as Lethal Performance. Lethal has there own tune, tested on there own vehicle so they've put plenty of time into it.

Hope that clarifies everything.

And just want to add
The reason I'm posting this is, (JUST AN OPINION) do you think Torq might have tried the copy the flash and killed the PCM?
I know Torq is a reputable company and talk is they have been doing business a long time with Whipple Superchargers.

I hate to start rumors but I can't get this out of my head.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Whipple Charged

Whipple Charged

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Believe it when I see it.....

The PCM has been flashed and put back in the truck but the flash update from Ford Racing did not work the first time, the bench flash as they call it did not “take” properly. We have spoken to both Ford and Whipple and they are of course taking care of this. Yours is the first one to get this update, and Ford does obviously not screw around so they are taking care if this for us and covering any costs. Obviously this is not good news for you, believe me when I say that! But this is an entirely new kit from Whipple/Ford and there sometimes hiccups! Your truck as been done and completed install wise for the past 3 weeks, so this has simply been a waiting game from them to get it done but they had to do their testing before they could release it. At the end of the day, this only benefits you as you will get the best product!

The tune has been available for a little while now. This system was purchased without a "tune".

To be clear, the vehicle in question has long tubes which is not something we support with our tune. But we decided to go ahead and do something for this vehicle, but that is where there is a potential problem. When converting the file, something might have not worked properly (can't be sure until we get PCM back). The standard tunes get run through the Ford system and therefore are 100% validated, a custom tune, done only for this vehicle in a short time, did not have time to run through the validation procedure and therefore there is the possibility of something being wrong. I honestly can't guarantee something one way or the other.

As for problems, were unaware of any other problems. You posted on 3/28 that the tune was not ready, I'm not sure where your getting your info, but we have many Raptors and F250's running around right now. The tune is in fact ready and released.

As for PCM reflashes, we've been flashing in-house for years and this is what this system comes with. We do not tell others anything but this information, its also listed in the instruction manual.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

I guess cats got Whipple's tongue? I've had Whipple products on a few of my trucks but this will be the absolute last time I purchase one of thier products. Lack of support and knowledge on these issues is just sorry

The system was purchased without a tune, then changed to buy a tune, but not for a stock vehicle.

What lack of support are you talking about? We can't watch the forums everyday, have you tried emailing me or Michael? As for knowledge of these issues, the only issue we know of is that the vehicle doesn't start right now, therefore we had it shipped back to verify on monday.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

This is sad that whipple can't figure out the tune but Lethal can. Lethal is whipples goto normally. I had always planned on going to Lethal for this anyways as they are the place to go when it come to that but now more then ever Lethal is the Whipple god.

Umm, sorry, but this is not correct. There's a big difference between an aftermarket tune and a OEM based tune. We've had test Raptors running around for almost 6 months. Getting a production cal released takes time, which it did, now its available.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I'm almost sure Ford Racing is running into problems with the Tunes for 2010,11,and12 the PCM is different in each year.
I bet ya that the brake override in the 2012 is killing them.

I am not ranting that it's not ready, just let me know.

There's no problems with this. Ford has most of these types of features as "templates" and these don't normally need to change. 2010 was the only odd one, 11, 12 and 13 were pretty much a carry over. We also had to update our flash procedure in-house, as these PCM's are different then what our previous device worked with. The encryption procedure took a little extra time, but we feel it will be worth it in the long run.

formuladriver01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So will this kit eventually be offered from ford racing? If so when I do buy a raptor will the factory warranty apply with the ford racing whipple kit? Also would I be able to purchase a extended service bumper to bumper plan with the ford racing kit? of course these questions only apply if the whipple kit can be purchased from ford racing...if not I know about the whipple warranty.

Stig1

Reaction score
There's no problems with this. Ford has most of these types of features as "templates" and these don't normally need to change. 2010 was the only odd one, 11, 12 and 13 were pretty much a carry over. We also had to update our flash procedure in-house, as these PCM's are different then what our previous device worked with. The encryption procedure took a little extra time, but we feel it will be worth it in the long run.

I have a 2010, one of the first 6.2's Is this still an issue? Or just different than the rest. I just gave a go ahead today with my installer to order this system and would prefer to not get a big surprise when it arrives. Thanks