Which tire? 35" Grabbers or 315 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
this is a moot point as far as i care, because i need lightweight tires that will perform in mud and snow. i don't blast through the desert much here in MA. the BFG's may be better for what the Raptor was designed for, but the Duratracs will perform much better for me and my driving habits. plus saving 5+lbs per corner can't hurt.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
this is a moot point as far as i care, because i need lightweight tires that will perform in mud and snow. i don't blast through the desert much here in MA. the BFG's may be better for what the Raptor was designed for, but the Duratracs will perform much better for me and my driving habits. plus saving 5+lbs per corner can't hurt.
Duratracs also seem to be cheaper. I say, if you don't need the extra strength sidewalls and would like to see improvement in mud and snow then why not? The only downside I see is that the Duratracs are worse in comparison to the BFG's in road noise.

chartguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So much depends on how you intend to use them. My driveway is off-road, and my most common drive is less than a mile of pavement mixed in with eleven miles of dirt road. Add in the fact that it is all over 8,000' ASL with lots of ice and snow in the winter, and the Bridgestone AT Revo is my favorite. If you never deal with ice and snow, then it's probably not the best choice.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In the snow, Birdman, you should get Duratracs! In my opinion, they are best offroad tires for snow, except for snow specific tires (Continental's ExtremeWinterContact LT, is a great snow/ice tire, not so much off roading)

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Duratracs also seem to be cheaper. I say, if you don't need the extra strength sidewalls and would like to see improvement in mud and snow then why not? The only downside I see is that the Duratracs are worse in comparison to the BFG's in road noise.

is this true? not that i care but i was reading that the duratracs are exceptionally quiet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc