Which Synthetic would you use?

Which of these Full Synthetic Oils do you use?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i read somewhere that mobil one isn synthetic anymore cuz it lost a lawsuit with gtx so its "synthetic" but not accully fully synthetic. but i cant find that article, the guy did an awesome right up with real ways of comparing oil but this was done in like 2010/2011 i believe.

Last edited:

Chris@FreedomMotorsports

FRF Gofur
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amsoil in everything I own. If you would like more information about factory direct wholesale ordering or anything else Amsoil, let me know. Otherwise, check out the products I have listed in my store below. As THE Amsoil sponsoring vendor on the forum, I am here to help with anything you need and will be there for you to help you in any way that I can.

https://raptor-svt.freedommotorsports.us/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1126_1261

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I used Royal Purple and truck ran awesome then switched to Amsoil and the truck didn't run so good for some reason.
Switched back to Royal Purple again and she's loving it.
Guess my baby is picky and she definitely showed it to me.
I have the 5.4L

OP
OP
RC51TOFUMAN

RC51TOFUMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the overwhelming response. I will be coming up on the 10k in the future and want to swap to Full Synthetic. I wanted everyone's opinion as to which oil and why.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think they are all good. I used Royal Purple in all my cars, the only thing I didn't like about it, and I know it has nothing to do with how good it is, but it's a dark oil. I ordered Amsoil and it's really a light color comparatively, I've switched and really like it. I researched oil filters too, and Amsoil, Wix, Mobil One and Royal Purple seem to be the best.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh my God the which oil is better thread.:snoopfacepalm: This thread is on every site I have ever seen. On the vette forums people have almost come to blows over what oil they thought was best.

After about 3000 miles have the oil analyized at a cetified lab (you can find them on the internet). That is the true proof of if the oil is performing properly. In almost ALL cases there is not a nats ass difference between all of them. The only negative I have ever seen was Royal Purple seems to break down faster with heat than most other oils. Again, if you change your oil regularly you should be fine with any synthetic.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i use Amsoil cause it seam to be a good oil and is highly acclaimed plus i can get it shipped to my door for cheaper than i can get most of the others.plus like Mudblood said most synthetic oils these days are pretty good and really can't go wrong with most so it really comes down to price and availability.