Which portable air compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://morrflate.com/shop/morrflate-multi-tire-air-kits/morrflate-quad-plus-4-tire-air-kit/

I’ve often thought about building my own setup like this. It would be badass with my power tank, probably could do all 4 tires in just a couple minutes. Since I’m living where I can drive on the beach frequently now I might look into this. They have some large 220v compressors at the exit, a 4 hose kit would make it faster.
the setup i have is 4 viair 400c compressors, 4 air tanks totaling 10 gallons of air, and my 4 tire filling kit i made. i can go from 0psi to 44psi in all 4 tires in 7 minutes. i took the valve stems out of all my tires and waited 5 minutes then timed it. a bit overkill, but great when i need air tools for trail fixes.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@RDFTS i know you didnt make it to the sand dunes with us on the saturday run, but this is what i use to fill my tires and a few other trucks as wellIMG_20210228_100202.jpg i use a pressure guage that has the same connection so i dont break it by leaving it on. also has an extr connection so someone can fill their tires while i fill all 4 of mine

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I built this one:
https://trail4runner.com/2018/05/06/diy-4-tire-inflation-system/

It works pretty well. I haven't actually timed it, but I think I've decided it takes just as long to get it out, get it connected, and get it put away as it does to use my rapid deflator or inflate one tire at a time from the power tank. @The Car Stereo Company's might be better though since it is 4 separate hoses it wouldn't take as long wind up the hoses since they wouldn't be all tangled. Plus the 90 degree shut off valves make it awkward to pack. I also measured my hose out before cutting them, so now each one kind of needs to go to a specific tire, which is a pain; I need to label each one to make figuring that out quicker. I'm thinking I'm going to cut mine up a bit and turn it into something like @The Car Stereo Company's.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built this one:
https://trail4runner.com/2018/05/06/diy-4-tire-inflation-system/

It works pretty well. I haven't actually timed it, but I think I've decided it takes just as long to get it out, get it connected, and get it put away as it does to use my rapid deflator or inflate one tire at a time from the power tank. @The Car Stereo Company's might be better though since it is 4 separate hoses it wouldn't take as long wind up the hoses since they wouldn't be all tangled. Plus the 90 degree shut off valves make it awkward to pack. I also measured my hose out before cutting them, so now each one kind of needs to go to a specific tire, which is a pain; I need to label each one to make figuring that out quicker. I'm thinking I'm going to cut mine up a bit and turn it into something like @The Car Stereo Company's.
heres a breakdown of what i used. found the parts.....Screenshot_20210301-092746.jpg similiar if not the same as what i have Screenshot_20210301-093536.jpg got 6 of these. and 4 of these

Screenshot_20210301-093614.jpg

Alonery

Reaction score
I have the DEWALT DWFP55130 Heavy Duty 200 PSI Quiet Trim Compressor.
Love it. Since the pressure can go up to 200 psi, it is very light and above all less noisy. Every time when I'm looking for new power tools auditpowertools.com helps each time to pick the right one for me.