Traction Boards and elastic strap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you dont need the 110k rope. the 50 or 55k (no sure which it is) is more than plenty. the 110k rope doesnt stretch as much since its rated for so much weight. worked well with the schoolbus and semi truck, but for trucks like ours and even superduty/heavy duty work trucks, the 110 is overkill. more stretch is what you want, so don go for the biggest rope.
this.
And I just cringe at how fast people run at pulling others out. I mean, unless it's life or death, or you are otherwise going to disadvantage the situation, then take a smaller pull. It's not an ego contest. If you need to take another run at it, then do it.
I'd be very reluctant to have someone pull me out unless I had talked it through with them.
In addition to the mach 9 snatch, there's the mach 3 drag that often accompanies it for a crazy long distance. Less of an issue for someone pulling out a rap (which I haven't needed yet), but you see a full-size drag out a small SUV or jeep and proceed to drag them 50 extra yrds....like wtf?
For snatch or recovery straps, get some stretch in the rope - for sure. Means having a rope rated for the job (not too stiff as per the comment above).

amREADY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll help you spend some of your cyber Monday money and stow the D-Shackles and pick up some soft shackles on sale ;) They are much safer and more versatile.
But…. If you love the metal ones….PM me, I have about a dozen laying around in various sizes lol
Good advice. I have a bunch of well rated soft shackles now. I have two big D shackles I drag along with me though - for the times when a soft shackle is no good (hard/sharp edges).

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
this.
And I just cringe at how fast people run at pulling others out. I mean, unless it's life or death, or you are otherwise going to disadvantage the situation, then take a smaller pull. It's not an ego contest. If you need to take another run at it, then do it.
I'd be very reluctant to have someone pull me out unless I had talked it through with them.
In addition to the mach 9 snatch, there's the mach 3 drag that often accompanies it for a crazy long distance. Less of an issue for someone pulling out a rap (which I haven't needed yet), but you see a full-size drag out a small SUV or jeep and proceed to drag them 50 extra yrds....like wtf?
For snatch or recovery straps, get some stretch in the rope - for sure. Means having a rope rated for the job (not too stiff as per the comment above).
So True, you have to know if the person trying to pull you out has a clue… Stupid people are Dangerous!
Your point brought back some great memories I’ll relate after I get done at Bucks…going to meet the TRD Crew, I have to go put my tent up F3374C9D-2B64-426A-BCF7-3480BA41D851.jpeg

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll help you spend some of your cyber Monday money and stow the D-Shackles and pick up some soft shackles on sale ;) They are much safer and more versatile.
But…. If you love the metal ones….PM me, I have about a dozen laying around in various sizes lol
I know I shouldn’t be asking another dude this but can I see your soft shackles? Link please…too damn funny!

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
That is kinda personal…:oops::shakehead::happy175::happy160:

SCHTUMPA Soft Shackle Synthetic Road Recovery Rope 1/2' X 22 Inch (55000LBS) Breaking Strength for Sailing SUV ATV 4X4 Truck Jeep 2 Pack -Safer Than Metal Shackle (Orange) https://a.co/d/35tf6iR

ZAMLIE Soft Shackle, Soft Shackle Recovery 1/2 Inch X 22 Inch (55,000lbs Breaking Strength) with Protective Sleeve for UTV ATV Recovery( Orange, 2 Pack Soft Shackle) https://a.co/d/3fV83uE

Ucreative 2Pcs Synthetic Soft Shackle 1/2 Inch x 22 Inch (55,000lbs Max Breaking Strength) with Extra Sleeves (Blue) https://a.co/d/9Q4dD4M

RaptorWizard

Reaction score
First i must say thank you to all who contribute on this forum. There is an abundance of great information. It is much appreciated.
What do yall think of these? From my research I feel like they are just behind the maxtrax mkii. A few places have them listed for $280ish.