Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Which portable air compressor

Discussion in 'Off-Roading Your Raptor' started by Gary Wren, Feb 19, 2020.

1. RotorHead695

RotorHead695 Full Access Member

440P doesn't have automatic shutoff and not much more CFM. I'm still leaning towards the 400 automatic.

2. Ben Lucas

Ben Lucas Full Access Member

Master flow Tsunami 1050
    Is what I run works good for cheaper compressor. I filled an rv tire from 65 to 110 psi on my last trip. My buddy had a blow out on a rv and spare was low of coarse.

3. BroncoAZ

BroncoAZ Full Access Member

I have run a few different onboard air setups. I ran an engine mounted York, Powertank CO2, ARB first gen, Smittybuilt CO2, and a small viair. The Powertank is the way to go if you want fast, the York is not feasible in a modern engine compartment, and the rest are slow. My Bronco has the ARB to run the lockers and as a backup to the CO2 if it runs out. I haven’t tried the newer dual pump ARB, but I’ve read good things.

I also have a Milwaukee 12v compact inflator. On my Bronco with 35x12.5 R17 from 15 psi to 32 psi is about 10 minutes. It’s usually my go to because it’s so easy. Dewalt makes a 20v inflator that also runs off 12v, it’s supposed to be better than the Milwaukee.

https://www.dewalt.com/products/sto.../20v-max-cordedcordless-air-inflator/dcc020ib

4. sixshooter_45

sixshooter_45 Ruby Red Metallic Supercrew, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.

5. Jurasick

Jurasick Full Access Member

Got the viar 440P and it airs up stock tires pretty quick. 22psi-35psi just a couple minutes per tires. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk