Which one to buy? I am trying to decide between the 35 package vs the 37 package. Any input from you all?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ragnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe the out lier here. But the 37s look like a monster truck (ie small wheels large tires). It’s function over form. Not designed to look aesthetic but rather off road performance ie more sidewall for reduced psi. Jmo

OP
OP
rtcole

rtcole

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. My biggest concern with the 37 package is that it would be sluggish as compared to the 35 package. I dont plan on rock crawling and probably very little off-roading just going back and forth to the camp so maybe the 35 makes sense. Also would be interested in seeing real pics of 35’s up next to 37’s for comparison. There are any of the raptors in my neck of the woods to get any visuals of the two trucks.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. My biggest concern with the 37 package is that it would be sluggish as compared to the 35 package. I dont plan on rock crawling and probably very little off-roading just going back and forth to the camp so maybe the 35 makes sense. Also would be interested in seeing real pics of 35’s up next to 37’s for comparison. There are any of the raptors in my neck of the woods to get any visuals of the two trucks.

It’s not going to be very noticeable from either a “feel” or actual calculated mpg situation…..that is unless you opt to waiver from the OEM specific K02s which IM SURE Ford specifically designed to be within spitting distance of weight compared to the 35”s….it’s like 2 lbs diff correct? Very minor- would want to know how much difference in weight for the wheels & if they’re particularly heavy would consider rocking base non-forged wheels w/ the 37”s There are plenty of gen2 guys who went to 37”s & most all of em jump up 10+ lbs per corner many times even 15-20!!!!! That’s where you’ll immediately feel & see a difference.

The greater rolling diameter will result in slightly longer braking distances regardless, but acceleration difference Im pretty sure will be minimal as will mpg, like 1/2 mpg I’m guessing diff

If I was ordering a Gen3 it’d be w/ the 37”s - the fact that visually it’s more striking just in photos/vids vs the standard 35”s makes me think it’ll be that much more presence in real life, one of the best attributes of the Raptor inroad is the cushy ride which will only be cushier w/ 1” more sidewall, reduced suspension travel is less a concern unless you’re doing real high speed desert stuff- more ground clearance & sidewall is usually a bigger benefit for the more casual off-roader & will help on the street in terms of ground clearance & visibility.

The beefier shocks, shock mounts, greater ride height, cushier ride, & more “filled out” wheel wells/better looks all outweigh the reduced travel & SLIGHTLY heavier tire IMHO

I wish you could order the 37” package as a stand alone option though instead of having to get the rest of the tech etc

NeoLeo

Reaction score
I was relieved that my 35 just barely fit in my garage, and barely fit into a parking garage that I use for parking downtown (heightwise). With a 37, it definitely wouldn't fit my garage and very questionable about the downtown garage. Even my antenna was hitting stuff in the parking garage with my 35. So practicality is a big factor for me.
The minimum garage clearance (posted on those bright yellow clearance bars at the garage entrances) that I would dare enter is 6’ 8” in my stock Gen2. So, if your truck is a daily driver like most, then 35” tires are more practical.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I was worried about mpg height etc or being ‘peppy’ - this word should not be allowed in this forum, are we talking about Priuses? I bet that word gets used a lot in that forum. I would just get a F-150 Tremor if you want the look without the true off road capability and save 10/12k loaded vs loaded, guessing on that number. It’s a raptor, go all the way. 37s

Last edited: