GEN 2 Which mods would void any warranty ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What’s up guys so I have my 2018 magnetic SCREW that I would like to start modding. However what mods as far as performance wise would not void warranty ? Any help would be much appreciated.

Factory bumper to bumper, or extended?
and if extended, Ford or aftermarket.

Ford + Ford extended:

Neglect, abuse or modification that contributes to a failure or is strongly suspected of a failure. Partisans who have never been through a lemon law suit will shout “MAGNUSSON MOSS! MAGNUSSON MOSS!” Yeah, sure, but when they they deny for a mod, the burden of proof is supposed to be Ford’s to show the failure was caused by the aftermarket part. In reality, you have to take them to court to compel proof, which could involve expert witness testimony that isn’t cheap, or covered unless part of a settlement. Now, most dealers are at least somewhat tolerant of mods so long as they don’t make routine work or repairs more difficult. <-- hold this thought.

Aftermarket extended warranties: I have a very low opinion of these. Use them only if you do not mod your truck AND, you religiously maintain the truck and have receipts for everything.

Once you’re in a lemon lawsuit, it’s tough to find friends at the dealer, but it does happen. On one repair, I had a mech yank my bumper mounted lights - all of them, and deliver them in the cab of my truck upon delivery. “We had t remove them to diagnose the ( spontaneous engine shutoff ) problem”. that was crap, of course, but one way they could screw with me.

Another time they sent the regional rep out to observe and he kept baiting the mechanic with me and my lawyer there, asking if anything I’d done had abused the truck. Eventually, the mech turned to the regional rep and literally told her to **** and let him work. You just don’t know who you’re going to get sometimes.

There’s a lot of guys here running around with tunes on the truck. I’m sure they make great power, but, if it’s leaned out to much and there’s an engine failure, no way Ford warranties that engine. if Ford Performance ever issues a 2017+ Raptor tune, they may cover it with that tune.

You mod the exhaust and unless you’re running full emissions qualified parts, you void the emissions warranty. Not a problem for most of the country, but if you live where emissions tests are done, this could be a concern. It won’t be in my practical experience, but legally they can deny coverage for failing an emissions test for quite a lot.

I think it’s going to be hard for Ford to deny coverage on aux lighting or accessories power by the up fitter switches unless something is plainly done wrong.

It’s not all doom and gloom though. My experience with Ford has been they’ve been a little more tolerant of mods with the SVT / Ford Perf. line. Within limits, but generally a little more tolerant.

YMMV.

dude1782

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stubby antenna will void the whole warranty. Use at your own risk.

And don't wash it either. It voids the paint warranty unless it's washed by an authorized detailer

Totally worth it. Best all around general performance mod anyone could do to the truck. Butt dyno is definitely picking up some serious gains since I've had it installed by a trusted local shop.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Okay thanks. I'll make sure I fill tires with helium, add all carbon fiber pieces I can, and I will take my Raptor spoiler off. Then my dreams will come true!!
View attachment 93500
[photo found on Facebook]

That spoiler is dope. you get, what, 10mph up top?
:biggrin:

I confess.... I’ve used this to secure cargo that didn’t quite fit in the bed.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Start with Flowmaster then. That is really the only good sound for the eco.

Jack_Links-768x1024.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalerg