Which Amp Steps would you go with

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkllw

Reaction score
I have a 21 Raptor with the 37 Pkg. I'm looking at two different step. Amp powerstep XL or AMP powerstep guys what would you choose.
I have notice the Amp Powerstep xl are installed in the Shelby Raptor pkg.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How feeble/short are you? The XL goes 3" lower if you can't handle the higher step...

ETA:

Last edited:

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One issue our resident genius @FordTechOne has said is about having something in the OBD port permanently
there is another thread with someone who installed steps that work I think with magnets in the door jambs. It was a recent thread.

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get the regular AMP (XL is to big). Get the OBD adaptor and don't worry about it. Had mine for years with Zero issues. I love these things

DaveInMn

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been using them (regular ones) in 4 different vehicles since about 2012. No problems. Just lube the hinges a couple times a year (I use Fluid Film for that).

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One issue our resident genius @FordTechOne has said is about having something in the OBD port permanently
there is another thread with someone who installed steps that work I think with magnets in the door jambs. It was a recent thread.
Correct, @MDJAK. Here you go OP; more food for thought.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the Rough Country E Boards on my Sierra 1500. I read a lot of good reviews. They are a great power board in my opinion... no affiliation.
Big difference, is you have to install mag switches at the doors for them to operate, unlike using the OBD port.

Just a suggestion.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed the Rough Country E Boards on my Sierra 1500. I read a lot of good reviews. They are a great power board in my opinion... no affiliation.
Big difference, is you have to install mag switches at the doors for them to operate, unlike using the OBD port.

Just a suggestion.
Same steps the member used in the link I posted above.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the XL's on my 2022 F250 Tremor and I had all sorts of issues with my ODB connection. Something about the software encryption. It was sorted out after a few months but I don't think I would get them again. Plus I like the extra protection from getting door dings.