Has anyone installed AMP XL power retractable steps on their Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The diagnostic port is for exactly that, diagnostics. I’ve seen widespread issues from junk aftermarket plugs being used in OBD2 ports, terminal fretting and spread pins being most common. You wouldn’t know, because it becomes tends to show up as an issue when you connect a VCM 2 and the network goes down because of a poor connection, especially on Pins 4 and 5.

And this is based on what, your 20+ years of experience the automotive service industry? “LOL”? The AMP module emits a ridiculous amount of EMI. So depending on where it’s mounted and how worn/bad the particular unit is determines the chance of it interfering with sensor inputs to the PCM and causing erratic and skewed sensor readings. Never mind when it fails and pulls down the vehicle network, but I’m sure your extensive experience in owning 3 sets is conclusive enough to assure everyone that they can’t possibly cause a problem :facepalm:

They haven’t failed on any of my vehicles, nor thousands of other vehicle reviews I’ve seen online from them.

Being a “Ford Tech” doesn’t make you a genius, actually many would argue the opposite based on bad opinions most people have of the incompetent work they receive at their dealers.Just saying :)

They’ve worked for me, time and time again. So I believe real world experience based on your hypothesis. You are dismissed.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They haven’t failed on any of my vehicles, nor thousands of other vehicle reviews I’ve seen online from them.

Being a “Ford Tech” doesn’t make you a genius, actually many would argue the opposite based on bad opinions most people have of the incompetent work they receive at their dealers.Just saying :)

They’ve worked for me, time and time again. So I believe real world experience based on your hypothesis. You are dismissed.
You were dismissed before this discussion started, you clearly have zero understanding of anything automotive or electrical. I’ve literally explained how they cause failures and why. But hey, your one-off experience and the “thousands” of AI reviews you googled online are sure proof that they can’t possibly cause problems! :happy175:

Do you have stock in AMP or just sell their junk for a living? Because you have your head up your a$$.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I would dismiss him too! I hate that guy, he has no real knowledge about anything. He never helps anybody in here!!!

hyrepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were dismissed before this discussion started, you clearly have zero understanding of anything automotive or electrical. I’ve literally explained how they cause failures and why. But hey, your one-off experience and the “thousands” of AI reviews you googled online are sure proof that they can’t possibly cause problems! :happy175:

Do you have stock in AMP or just sell their junk for a living? Because you have your head up your a$$.
Being that I do have an engineering background, AMP is not a publicly traded company, so "having stock" in it is not possible. Nor am I a retailer of aftermarket automotive accessories. You could not be further off track.

I want to laugh, however, when a "grease monkey" tells me that I have my head up "my ass".

No offense intended to reputable technicians who do their jobs with integrity, and whom work hard for a living.

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Round 2 ends with FT1 delivering some devastating blows early in the round with hyrepower coming on late with a few slaps in the face.
Round 1 was a draw
Round 2 FT1 went for the kill, but hyre shrugged off the early surge but only delivering a few sissy slaps.
Well be back in 60 sec with round 3 if both fighters can make it.
Now Flo selling insurance to gay guys in Prius’s.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, this dude figured it out.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You sound just like my illogical wife when she's doing something stupid. "Nothing bad has ever happened to me when I do this." And she reacts in exactly the same annoying, hyper-defensive way when I suggest an alternative. So I have a question .... which one of her sisters are you? :)

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Being that I do have an engineering background, AMP is not a publicly traded company, so "having stock" in it is not possible. Nor am I a retailer of aftermarket automotive accessories. You could not be further off track.

I want to laugh, however, when a "grease monkey" tells me that I have my head up "my ass".
“Grease monkey” :happy175:

When you assume, you just make more of an ass out of yourself. Amazing how someone who doesn’t understand basic electrical now has an “engineering background” :think:

Regardless of your claimed “background”, you clearly have zero knowledge or experience in Automotive, especially electrical/electronics/multiplexing. That much is obvious by your advocation for an aftermarket device that connects to the DLC, which are widely known across the service industry to cause damaged pins and network communication issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc