Wheels and tire setup and why

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Phil O

Phil O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is ride on the E rating vs the stock C
Honestly, I can’t tell much difference so far other than tires feeling like they’re extra grippy and digging into the ground when I take off. I had all four BFG’s in the bed of the truck though also since I literally just had them installed 4 hours ago. I’ll have a better idea in the next week probably.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was planning to stick with stock for a while, but came across a great local deal on some used 20" 601s on 35 ridge grapplers, so pulled the trigger.

Ive only had the truck a couple weeks, and will probably hardly do much off road driving. I figure I'd swap back to the stock set up if I planned to do anything that warranted it.

It does look a lot better, but would obviously be less practical if I planned to do big time offloading.

053fdf99e66d8f7ea80eb9390736f243.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was planning to stick with stock for a while, but came across a great local deal on some used 20" 601s on 35 ridge grapplers, so pulled the trigger.

Ive only had the truck a couple weeks, and will probably hardly do much off road driving. I figure I'd swap back to the stock set up if I planned to do anything that warranted it.

It does look a lot better, but would obviously be less practical if I planned to do big time offloading.

Very sharp! Impressions of the Ridge Grapplers vs the stock BFGs? They are a bit heavier and liad range E vs C for the BFG I think.

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sharp! Impressions of the Ridge Grapplers vs the stock BFGs? They are a bit heavier and liad range E vs C for the BFG I think.

Haven't had enough time to drive around much yet. I'd say a little louder, but didn't notice a drastic difference in driving in the little bit of driving I did (on-road). These tires/wheels have around 9k miles on them when I bought them, so that may affect it a little too.

They certainly look better, if that counts for anything.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't had enough time to drive around much yet. I'd say a little louder, but didn't notice a drastic difference in driving in the little bit of driving I did (on-road). These tires/wheels have around 9k miles on them when I bought them, so that may affect it a little too.

They certainly look better, if that counts for anything.

Got it, agreed on the looks, both the tires and the wheels look great. Did you find them on Craigslist or Offerup or ?

Last edited:

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it, agreed on the looks, both the tires and the wheels look great. Did you find them on Craigslist or Offerup or ?

I wasn't planning to get wheels yet, but came across a good deal locally on CL. I had looked into these wheels, as I like the truck stance and don't want to do any suspension work on it, and liked the fit of these and how they looked in pictures. So when a set popped up online, I figured I'd give them a shot at a price a lot less than new.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wasn't planning to get wheels yet, but came across a good deal locally on CL. I had looked into these wheels, as I like the truck stance and don't want to do any suspension work on it, and liked the fit of these and how they looked in pictures. So when a set popped up online, I figured I'd give them a shot at a price a lot less than new.

Cool. You are completely stock suspenion. No springs or collars in the front? Any rubbing?

dmb359

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. You are completely stock suspenion. No springs or collars in the front? Any rubbing?

Completely stock everything. No rubbing that I've seen yet. The set up is supposed to be designed so it doesnt rub and works on stock suspension.

Trouble-T

Reaction score
A93CBDE4-C9D1-4A13-8AF0-BA7C71DDA73E.jpeg

I think it looks great but I may be a bit biased.