New Tire PSA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had new Ridge Grapplers installed and wanted to share a few thing related to wheels/tires. I bought the tires at discount tire and when they finished the guy said they were aired up to 50 psi which i don't understand why they pump them up that high. So when i got home i aired down to normal pressure and found 2 tires were at 50 and 2 were at 35 so first lesson, check all your air pressures after any work is done on wheels/tires. Second thing was not me, but i helped a guy swap springs on his gen 3 and when i went to take the wheels off, none of the lug nuts were tight and a few of them were only finger tight. He said he had them rotated a few months ago so i don't know how they lasted that long without coming off or getting so loose that the wheel starts to wobble. So again, double check lug nuts after any work is done on wheels/tires.

Here's a few pics so no one thinks i put 35s on a prius.
IMG_6916.jpeg
IMG_6917.jpeg
IMG_6918.jpeg

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I once had a shop forget to throw one of the lug nuts back on, and yeah pretty annoying they just go by max psi of the tire and not even the door jam, which is still high.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
MAAAANY moons ago I had the loose lugs error on an old explorer. I managed to get about 1.5-ish miles and knew something was wrong. did a turnaround and went back to the shop.

Rotor, and 3 lugs were shagged.

Now I check all of them before leaving.

also had a stud stripped by lazy tech, so I don’t let tire shop guys with impact wrenches near my wheels any more (and yes, I watch them if I’m forced to go there )

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
Last time I used discount tire I got some Nitto Terra grapps on my Tacoma, 2 days later was going to change brake pads and every single lug was loose except for 2 which were completely cross threaded. They replaced the 2 studs and lugs and I got a nice apology out of it.

Last edited:

jdm_sixtwo

11MPG is average, right?
Reaction score
One of my friends works there so that’s why I used it then, but I started going to a local mom and pop shop who was about half the price for mountings and all that and haven’t given me issues at all.

Bluto

Reaction score
Discount scratched 5 of my stock beadlocks so bad they had to be powder coated to get them fixed. 5 is not a typo either, I bought a set of stock beadlocks for my winter tires and they scratched all my summer rims and one winter rim. After that I watch them in the bay the entire time. I had since then see one "tech" stand on my tire and attempt to flip it up with his feet. I now change my tires myself and won't be using discount again.

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Discount Tire is all about get you in and get you out as fast as they can, and they don't take the time to be careful with your wheels or lug nuts. They don't take the time to balance your tires perfectly either, get you in and get you out.