Wheel scratched at local tire shop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
I forgot I had this photo. This is a pic of another wheel I had fixed by alloy wheel repair. My daughter was driving my G8 GT and hit a huge pot hole on a country road. Tire deflated in seconds and the inside of the rim was bent to the point I was shopping replacement wheels. As my search revealed, this wheel was very difficult to find so I gave them alloy wheel repair a shot. They not only fixed this bent wheel, but they made the entire wheel look brand new. I was so impressed I ended up having them refinish the other three wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_1052_zps70a592c6.jpg
    IMG_1052_zps70a592c6.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 46

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my wheel in to a local tire shop(tread quarters) to have a minor flat repaired. They where kind enough to install a 5-6" scratch free of charge. Any of you guys had any luck getting a rim replaced due to damage installed by tire shop? I spoke to their insurance company via phone and it seems to me they are leaning towards a "wheel repair" rather than "replacement"........

I had this exact same thing happen at Discount Tire while swapping from OEM to Method wheels. They were very professional and told me immediately about the scratches. They sent my wheel to a refinishing place and it looks brand new now. Not that I have much use for the stock wheels any more...but at least they repaired it free of charge. They earned a repeat customer.

So I would just let them know that it was scratched while they were working on it and see if they will repair it for you.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
****, mine are so scratched up from offroading i stopped caring. im actually at discount tire right now getting a flat repaired. when they put my tires on a couple months ago they overtorqed my ring bolts. one is stuck on so the ring cant come off. they are pulling the the tire with the ring on. im sure its going to get scratched more but i cant tell. they are replacing the 2 damaged bolts i told them to not worry about the scratches since the rings are so beat up anyways.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have had this happen many times, on many vehicles, unfortunately. Now I just take pics of each wheel when I arrive just in case. If someone is going to tear up my wheels, stock/expensive/cheap/26's/spinners, it better damn well be me. Not some dude that wasn't paying attention because it isn't his.

I started taking pics after Discount Tire messed up 2 of my 4 brand new BMF wheels that cost me out the ass due to BMF being brand new. Discount told me since there isn't good enough proof that the marks weren't already there, that there isn't anything they could do. That changed shortly after that.