Local Shock Rebuilding in Washington State

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive south somewhat often and might be able to transport them down for you. @Jhollowell is a stand up guy so I don't mind helping a few FRF members out if need be.
pffft stand up guy. i wouldnt trust this guy as far as i can hear his stereo....... wait..... i put his stereo in.... shit

and stop with his workload, he is never going to accept my invite and make it to nevada at this rate

gummy ranger

Reaction score
You know more than I do, I just remember seeing an option on some website to have them rebuilt “softer” and I don’t rip mine in the desert so figure comfier is better.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run the TSW bravo tune, and unknown shock tune and a "flutter stack" on my front shocks and honestly couldn't tell the difference between any of them. Are you running OEM springs on low perch? That would probably help more than valving. The problem with me changing valving is there are 8-9 shims in the compression stack and you can change diameter and thickness. Larger diameter and thinner will make it softer, but how many do you change? There are so many variables you can change and without doing any tuning you don't really know what changes will work. Are you wanting softer in the front or rear or both? What springs are you running. You could also reduce the nitro pressure and also, the shocks i've pulled apart seem to have much thicker oil than the fox stuff i use so that could contribute to a stiffer feel as well.

Morgan915

Reaction score
Might need to make a trip up (I'm down at JBLM) to get a set of rears done before the summer time. Saving the page.