What's with this Sync BS?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280 Raptor

Reaction score
So i've had my 2020,2nd owner with 30K miles for 2 weeks now. My nephew came over yesterday to check out the truck yesterday and the infotainment screen was black. Nothing there and only the stereo control knob worked.

Now, I'm the last person who knows anything about high tech shit. I have a WIFI hotspot and he used that to get everything working again. My question....WTF was updated and how often will I have to do this?

Thanks guys!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
did the stereo actually produce sound?

I had the black screen once, in spring of 2017; I bought in January. Came out from the range and nothing. no radio, no nav, zip. nada. Spent about 10 minutes trying to get it back, power cycled, sync reset - didn’t work. Resigned myself to an upcoming Stealership service appointment. OF COURSE this happens after service closes for the week....

I come out the next day, it was working and <knocks wood> hasn’t ever happened again since.

OP
OP
5280 Raptor

5280 Raptor

Reaction score
did the stereo actually produce sound?

I had the black screen once, in spring of 2017; I bought in January. Came out from the range and nothing. no radio, no nav, zip. nada. Spent about 10 minutes trying to get it back, power cycled, sync reset - didn’t work. Resigned myself to an upcoming Stealership service appointment. OF COURSE this happens after service closes for the week....

I come out the next day, it was working and <knocks wood> hasn’t ever happened again since.
Yes, the stereo was the only thing that worked. Could not see anything on that screen though.