What's up with Gen 2 prices recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been in the market for a Gen 2 Raptor for a few months now, but these prices are absolutely ridiculous. What the cause of these 2017s with 30k-50k miles going for 2020 prices (75k) and dealers not budging?

I understand that theres a pause right now with the new Gen 3 being introduced, but if you guys had to guess, when will these prices die down a bit and go back to reasonable for year/milage. My buddy got his 2018 for 3k under MSRP brand new at a dealership and its fully loaded, but now it seems every 801a package with 50k miles is going for 70k lol.

I wish i would've jumped on a brand new one pre covid, would've been cheaper than they are now :banghead:

The old supply and demand. No one really knows when the new ones will will out. Supply is tight for new vehicles so the used market is crazy.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the huge gap ( basically a year) in production Of the GEN 2 to G3 and spotty production of just about everything these days I doubt prices will come down next year. As the GEN 3s come in, trickle in, they will be scooped up very fast, interest rates will still be low for another year at least. Money is cheap and sometimes free right now. We are at least two years from even a slight correction save another pandemic type situation. I was inquiring about a boat the other day and was told to get on a list for a possible 2022 the 2021 were all sold before they were built. Supply demand with small parts holding up production On big ticket items is currently crazy.
You are not kidding about boats! I’m in the boat business and it’s just nuts right now and there’s no end in sight.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sell now.. this market will not last.

In 2019 Dealers down south could not give away Raptors. I just sold my 2020 with 8500 miles to dealer for 72, they sold it for 76! I paid 69 for it... go figure.

Im down south wtf was the free Raptor giveaway at? I paid just under invoice but far from a give away. They manage to sell them all. If I sell now, I’d hate myself for having to drive a Taco or some plain Jane 1/2 ton and over pay on that.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
This one is too good to be true.
Advertised in the NW by a dealer in Louisiana.
Sketchy.
if someone seriously wants it, I will go look at it for them if asked nicely. I'm not familiar with that particular car lot, but it's on the way to my garage.

a friend of mine recently bought a very clean, 15K mile 19 Scab for 40K, so deals can still be had if you shop smart.

Josh84

Reaction score
Welcome to the place, it's supply and demand, there's no new vehicles to sell or very few, used prices are high right now across the board.
Yep, Ford Super Dutys are crazy now as well. There is no guaranty you can find a F-250 at your local Ford dealership and if you can it is either very shit options or way overpriced.

Herk91

Reaction score
I’m back in the market for a Raptor after selling my 2019 last August for nearly what I paid for it. I miss her.

I’m fairly confident that the used Raptor market will get somewhat flooded when the 21 MY comes out. And when the R series comes out, providing the price isn’t stupid high, then the Gen 2 values will take another hit. Just my opinion.

I am going to disagree with you on your assumption. Raptors over the last couple of years have not lost any value whatsoever. All other trucks regardless of manufacturer has lost value year over year. I paid $39,600 for a 14’ Screw with 79k miles. The problem is supply and demand. And when the 21’s as well as the R model hits....prices will actually go up on the gen 1’s and Gen 2’s. Better get while the getting is good.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t think a correction is coming.

When Gen 3 base and R’s drop so will your pocket books. I suspect a nice price increase from Ford. Let alone ADM’s. So the earlier Gen’s should benefit from this and may look like bargains in comparison.