What's up with Gen 2 prices recently?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

lucabrasi

Reaction score
Inflation is upon us. Prices will not go down. Look at the price of bread and gasoline, not to mention lumber. You might as well jump on the train now, it's leaving the station.

The good news, if you qualified, that sweet govt. money keeps on a coming, so take that into account. If you deduct the covid cash, Raptor prices are probably the same or lower. lol.

unfortunately I have to remain a productive member of society and can’t have any of that UI money lol. trucks not out of reach by any means, but I’ve never paid over MSRP for any vehicles, and now most of these trucks are priced over msrp with miles on them , at least the specs and color i’m after.

gonna take a while to find the right one at the right price but it’ll happen eventually.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

lucabrasi

Reaction score
@lucabrasi - I don't know how far "up north" you are or what your feelings are about buying out of state but a 5 sec search yielded this for $45,900:

https://nolacarsale.com/listings/2018-ford-f-150-raptor/

Looks like a solid buy for the price/condition/mileage

Not bad, set on a black truck though with a few other packages added as well. Doesn't help in this market trying to find the exact spec i’m after with low miles for the right price and it’ll take a while but i’ll find it eventually.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m back in the market for a Raptor after selling my 2019 last August for nearly what I paid for it. I miss her.

I’m fairly confident that the used Raptor market will get somewhat flooded when the 21 MY comes out. And when the R series comes out, providing the price isn’t stupid high, then the Gen 2 values will take another hit. Just my opinion.

Typr04

Reaction score

RubyDaCherry

Reaction score
Economics 101. Supply & Demand my friend. I got lucky with mine, paid $45,000 cash with 75k miles back in November!

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the huge gap ( basically a year) in production Of the GEN 2 to G3 and spotty production of just about everything these days I doubt prices will come down next year. As the GEN 3s come in, trickle in, they will be scooped up very fast, interest rates will still be low for another year at least. Money is cheap and sometimes free right now. We are at least two years from even a slight correction save another pandemic type situation. I was inquiring about a boat the other day and was told to get on a list for a possible 2022 the 2021 were all sold before they were built. Supply demand with small parts holding up production On big ticket items is currently crazy.